Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishChamp1334
What's DOS?
Views: 880
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 Pro Keyboard Missing Keystrokes

I have had my Y3P now since June and have recently been using the actual laptop keyboard instead of my external keyboard and I am having periodic issues. At random points in time, the keyboard just becomes sluggish and will skip 2-3 keystrokes at a time while typing. If I hold down a letter, it will usually output about 10 characters, then pause for 2 seconds, then another 10 then pause again. As you can imagine this is a nightmare when typing when random keystrokes, usually 2-3 in a row are just skipped. I am running windows 10 and to me, it is a software issues as I am typing on the keyboard now and I am not having any issues. I cannot isolate it to specific applications, but when it is happening, it is usually any application I am in, for example (Word, Notepad++, an RDP session, Citrix Login, etc...) When it was happening this morning, i booted into safe mode and the issue was not present in safe mode, booted back into Windows normally and it was back. Sometimes a reboot will fix it, but it usually just stops happening after 10-20 minutes. I've removed most all of the bloat that came pre-loaded on the machine and actually am using a work image, so really only have the important Lenovo software loaded. I've looked all over task manager when it is happening and nothing seems to stand out, no virus check running, i've tuned off Cortana and the other Windows 10 privacy features that report data back to Microsoft. I am at a loss as to what is causing this issue and am hoping someone else has seen this and resolved it.

robyoga
What's DOS?
Views: 752
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Keyboard Missing Keystrokes

I have the yoga 3 14. Did you ever find a resolution for this?
Smou1a
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 532
Message 3 of 4

Same problem same question
FishChamp1334
What's DOS?
Views: 519
Message 4 of 4

Mine was under warranty so I sent it in for repair. When it came back, same issue and was told they had to try again before replacing. Sent it off again, came back with same issue still. Guessing it is a defect with the keyboard. After second repair attempt was not successful, I was sent a yoga 900 as a replacement. The 900 has a slightly better keyboard but does have its own issues from time to time, but nothing like the skipped keystrokes. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors