Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 4,212
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 3 Pro Sound Enhancement Thread

Hi all

Previously, I was the one who started opening the thread - W520 Sound Enhancement Thread.

Recently, I spend some time to fine-tune the sound for Yoga 3 Pro. For Yoga 3 Pro, I just try to tweak what was preloaded and did not try to install Dolby. (as to prevent any breakage of functionality) 

For Yoga 3 Pro, I tried different approach on tweaking the sound and so far, it sounds great too. With better loudness and clarity by using both Realtek EQ and Wave MaxxAudio.

Here is my sound tweaks for Yoga 3 Pro.

1. Configure the Realtek Equalizer according to the picture below: 

Realtek.PNG

2. Configure Wave MaxxAudio according to the picture below: (Let the settings be the same for Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet, you would need to change to each mode to configure individually)
Wave MaxxAudio.PNG

3. Go to Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Advanced and change the Default Format to 24 bit, 48000Hz.

I sincerely hope that this tweaks would help the user get the best sound out of their Yoga 3 Pro systems, if you have any other sound settings, feel free to share on this post. Thank You

Warmest Regards

Peter

ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | IdeaPad K1 | IdeaPad Yoga 11s | IdeaPad Yoga 3 Pro | Miix 2 10" | 3000 Y300 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | Please do not send me an e-mail regarding technical questions | I am not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

W520 Sound Enhancement Thread ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro Sound Enhancement Thread

zb420
Token Ring
Views: 4,168
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Sound Enhancement Thread

Thanks, that did help bring up the volume.   I still hear a little screaching when streaming content from radio stations?

Any idea where this comes from ?

#LenovoIN
Guru
Views: 4,119
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 3 Pro Sound Enhancement Thread

Hi zb420

If you did not hear a little screaching from other sources such as mp3, flac, etc, the problem could be from the source (radio station). If you did hear a little screaching from different source too, tone down or disable MaxxTreble in Wave MaxxAudio.

Peter

ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | IdeaPad K1 | IdeaPad Yoga 11s | IdeaPad Yoga 3 Pro | Miix 2 10" | 3000 Y300 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | Please do not send me an e-mail regarding technical questions | I am not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

W520 Sound Enhancement Thread ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro Sound Enhancement Thread

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors