Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-21-2015

Greece

15 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 11 of 58

Re: Yoga 3 Pro: Speaker stopped working (headset jack still works)

2015-04-07, 13:46 PM

Hello all, 

I recently purchased the Yoga 3 Pro and same problem with the speakers happened to me. Only works with a cable and external speakers. If it is not connected the equalizer seems to work but without voice....

I tried to uninstall the driver and re install it, disable and enable the speakers but no luck. 

Then I talked with Support in my country (GR) over the phone and the last effort was to do a reset of the laptop.

It returned to its default settings but the problem haven't solved. 

They told me to give it to the technicians to open it and fix the problem. 

I find it extremely unfair to give 1500 euros and in one month to open it and fix small things inside. 

They can give you a new one they told me, only the first 14 days. Have you heard anything like this? 

I'm totally dissapointed.... 

Hope the Lenovo people will see my message....

Regards, 

Maria

Options

17 Posts

04-10-2015

Montreal

20 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 12 of 58

2015-04-12, 14:22 PM

The same problem here.

It seems that we are further users to have problem with speakers and audio drivers.

Furthermore we have also a problem with the Lenovo asistance. They are not able to give us a solution.

It is totally unacceptable.

Please Lenovo do somehing !

Thank you !

Options

6 Posts

04-12-2015

United States

8 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 13 of 58

2015-04-14, 13:39 PM

I have the exactly same problem, ad for sure it is not by pure luck, because I have the same problem as well for my last yoga 3 pro, I have been replace it one time already, and the same problem occured again to the new replacment. This frustrate me so much!!! I talked to their custumer servers about half month ago ,and they keep escalate the case to a higher team, and now it stopped at someone, who never call me back, I tried to talk to other customer servers, and the only thing they keep telling me isd i have to wait for that phone call.  

Options

3643 Posts

04-02-2014

Mexico

2561 Signins

40454 Page Views

• Views: 40454
  • Message 14 of 58

2015-04-14, 14:18 PM

Have you tried the solution which is posted in this thread? (Rolling back the audio drivers)

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Options

6 Posts

04-12-2015

United States

8 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 15 of 58

2015-04-14, 16:01 PM

i tried all of them and non of them worked, i also tried contact the tech team, they culdnt solve it either.

Options

6 Posts

03-21-2015

Greece

15 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 16 of 58

2015-04-14, 20:52 PM

Hello there, 

well, last minute change saved me by giving my laptop to lenovo support. It is interesting that in my country they don t give you a new one but "fix" it. Means open it and blah blah...

After reset it, I went to the speakers again and I chose to roll back driver. This time 2 types appeared. One the speakers and the other the headphones.

On device manager go to speakers-driver and you will see a tab " roll back". Hit it and then you will see the 2 types as the following picture. Then you have to set each device as default. Unfortunately, what automate had to do, either when you connect external speakers or not, to set the default by itself. Me, I change it all the time. 

This must be rectified by lenovo. And other issues that came up although our machines are brand new. Failure on speakers, missing dll and so on...

And all these issues are because of updates.. Now I m telling you... I m afraid to update my pc. 

Hope this solution will work for you too. Even if it is not totally a solution...

Capture.PNG

Options

17 Posts

04-10-2015

Montreal

20 Signins

211 Page Views

• Views: 211
  • Message 17 of 58

2015-04-15, 0:25 AM

Thank you for the feedabck. Do you know how to solve the problem on brand new computer ? You said that it is missing dll, ... Do you know which ones ?

Regards

Options

7 Posts

04-23-2015

Australia

7 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 18 of 58

2015-04-24, 0:07 AM
Yes, this fixed it for me. Thanks.
Options

1 Posts

05-23-2015

United States

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 19 of 58

2015-05-23, 3:29 AM

I got my speakers working again! Root cause: recent Windows Update updated the Realtek Audio driver.  My solution: 1) rollback audio driver - a must.  2)  Left click on audio speaker tray icon at lower left screen.  Check the picture at the top of the volume slider.  Is it a picture of headphones?  If so, click on the picture and it will toggle to Speakers...  You just changed your default audio setting back to Speakers...  The Win Update toggled this obscure control to headphones.

Let me know via Reply here if this fix works for you.  See screen shot below for path to roll back driver in Device manager > Sound Video and Game Controllers > High Definition Audio Device > Properties > Device tab > Roll back Driver

Eric

Roll Back Driver

Options

4 Posts

02-26-2015

Charlotte, NC

16 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 20 of 58

2015-05-26, 15:59 PM

I had the same issue... fixed it by opening the Device Manager, updating the drivers for the Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio), the DISABLING the device and re-enabling.  Worked like a charm.  Hope this also helps you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms