Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-03-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 31 of 50

Re: Yoga 3 Pro - Touchpad not working/Cursor disappeared

2018-01-03, 23:07 PM

This resolved the missing  cursor-touchpad for my Yoga 720:

First I opened a case on Lenovo support, explaining the cursor and touchpad are disabled after entering sleep mode,

and only way to recover the cursor was to restart the laptop - not an acceptable solution.

Tech support guy walked me through these steps and - yeehaw!  - it worked  :-)

Upgrade the BIOS UEFI from older 5GCN18WW  to  newer 5GCN20WW:

Go to Support > Drivers & Software (Get Downloads) > enter serial number >

scroll down and click on BIOS/UEFI > click on the eye icon under Summary > 

click on Download BIOS Update > run the .exe file downloaded > restart the laptop

Now fixed and working every time - cool!  :-)

Options

4 Posts

11-28-2015

Saudi Arabia

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 32 of 50

2018-01-04, 1:02 AM

Thanks dfiegel,

My Yoga is a different model "Yoga 3 Pro-1370". I had a terable pointer missing issue few days when I mostly needed it. tried all the things above but didn't work, suddenly the pointer showed up.

In fear the issue comes again, I went through updating BIOS. Current BIOS was a6cn56ww while the new BIOS is a6cn58ww.

Link: 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sa/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-lenovo

Hope this issue gets fixed this time once and for all and we close thread once and for all.

Options

5 Posts

11-23-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 42
  • Message 33 of 50

2018-01-13, 13:32 PM

i have tried every suggetion on this thread still my touchpad wont work, my BIOS is already updated.

It seems that its windows update that kills the touchpad, my laptop was upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10, not sure if it makes any difference?

Options

4 Posts

11-28-2015

Saudi Arabia

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 34 of 50

2018-02-10, 6:04 AM

Well, I got the same machine sickening symptoms above few weeks back, tried everything above, nothing worked.

It seems than Lenovo had switched off the track pad.

Thanks very much Lenovo for the terrible support, and the continuous frustration that really affected my productivity with this machine.

If by chance you encountered this thread looking for a review on the machine, I DO NOT recommend anyone buying this machine, otherwise your mood & productivity will be totally dependent on what's the machine's mood would be at the time. 

Options

3 Posts

02-12-2018

Canada

21 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 35 of 50

2018-02-13, 0:22 AM

I got the same issue...This started happening frequently for me  since January 2018 and for the past month I tried everything I found on the forum, but no success. The touchpad cursor disappears after being idle for a while (not necessarily getting into sleep mode) and I get the error for one of the I2C HID Devices. The Touchpad is disappearing from the Settings->Devices and the Mice entry disappears from Device Manager.

Just restarting or logging off doesnt bring the touchpad back. Sometimes it comes back after uninstalling it and scanning for hardware changes, while other times it only comes back after I reinstall the driver again.  

I have the latest updates (including the BIOS one from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-lenovo/80he/downloads), the synaptics driver version is 19.0.17.13 (from Sept 2015) and the Automatic Driver Update and the Lenovo Service Bridge says that everything is up to date and functioning well.

Definitely a very frustrating experienceso far, but Im posting this in the hope that maybe someone from Lenovo will stumble upon this thread one day and provide us with some useful info.

Thanks

Options

3 Posts

02-12-2018

Canada

21 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 36 of 50

2018-03-21, 23:10 PM

As an update to this.. I ended up doing a windows reinstall (with delete all data files option, just the windows files option wasnt enough) and the trackpad returned to life. The driver installed by windows this time was Synaptics Pointing Device 19.4.18.30, from January 2018. 

It worked like a charm, until today (one month later), when the cursor is gone after coming back from sleep. No mice in the device manager and one I2C HIC device cannot start.

The Additional Mouse Options -> Mouse Properties show no Hardware and a Driver 'Elan Touchpad 19.4.7.3'.

There are no windows updates  for the past few days, so I can only imagine that Lenovo vantage messed it up somehow trying to update the drivers..

In the meantime the device page on the lenovo site still shows the same 2015 driver as the only one for this device... amazing support  :)

Options

3 Posts

04-06-2018

Austria

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 37 of 50

2018-04-06, 20:42 PM

Hi,

I just had the same problems and tried some hints from this thread. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Just uninstalling the usb host controller didn't work for me. So I simply tried to uninstall more...

-The I2C device with the attention sign

-The intel usb 3.0 extensible host controller

-And an HID conform device (from vendor) - i've just translated this from my german version...

after a restart my touchpad worked again. I just had to install the synaptic driver then, to use multitouch-functions again.

maybe this could help someone with this strange problem... :)

Options

2 Posts

07-14-2018

Canada

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 38 of 50

2018-07-26, 0:46 AM

I have the exact same problem as everyone else in this thread with an added twist: I'm running Linux. That means the problem is not with Windows, or with the device drivers (since those will also be different in Linux). The issue must be a hardware issue, and that seems to fit well with the HID descriptor errors that show up in Device Manager (or in dmesg for Linux users).

My next steps, and what I recommend to anyone else with this problem:

• Update your BIOS if it isn't already. There's a chance this could fix the problem. If you're running Windows this will be a lot easier for you since Lenovo decided to only release their BIOS flash utility for Windows, so I have to format my entire drive, reinstall Windows, flash my BIOS, reinstall Linux and hope to God that fixes it. 
  • Contact Lenovo and mention this thread, which indicates there is a widespread problem with the device's hardware. They may be able to fix it if you send it in, especially if it's still under warranty. If it is under warranty, I would highly recommend returning this laptop completely and demanding a refund since this is a known issue and they'll likely just give you the same model laptop back, which will have the same problem.

Updating your drivers or reinstalling Windows is not going to fix this problem, but some people might belive they've fixed it by doing that because the problem is very intermittent. After a reboot my touchpad has magically started worked for weeks at a time before breaking again.

All-in-all I'm feeling really frustrated and I feel the same as other users on this thread. This is a very expensive laptop, it shouldn't have these crippling issues.

Options

4 Posts

04-22-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 39 of 50

2018-08-12, 1:30 AM

I finally got mine working again by downloading the Lenovo System Update, updating my BIOS, then downloading the touchpad driver. 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht003029

Options

1 Posts

09-02-2018

Singapore

2 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 40 of 50

2018-09-02, 15:23 PM

Thanks! Your solution solved my problem with the touch pad too. Vantage really seems to cause more inconvience in my opinion. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms