Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-09-2018

United States of America

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 41 of 50

Re: Yoga 3 Pro - Touchpad not working/Cursor disappeared

2018-11-09, 19:47 PM

I have fought with this issue since my Y3P first got updated to Win10. I've fresh-installed Windows twice but the problem always comes back. It's pretty random when it happens, but it's usually after it wakes from sleep.  I went through all the device manager and driver installation tricks aa million times with mixed success.  THE PROBLEM ALWAYS COMES BACK!!!

I think I've pinpointed the issue: the UpperFilters value in the following registry key keeps getting corrupted.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

It won't look corrupted, it'll show "mouclass" like it's supposed to, but it's invisibly borked. If you open the key and clear out "mouclass" then re-open it and type "mouclass" back in, then reboot, your touchpad will work (until it inevitably gets corrupted again).  I don't know why it's getting corrupted but I'd guess it's a bug in the TP driver.

Anyway, I made a "fix" that's really more of an automated workaround. It seems to be working for me most of the time.

It's just a simple script that deletes the above value and re-enters it. I use a scheduled task (included) to have it run on startup, shutdown, sleep & wake. Extract the linked zip file to c:\syntp-fix\ and import the scheduled task using Windows task scheduler and the "fix" should be in place. Best case scenario it prevents the corruption from affecting you; worst case is it fixes the problem with just a reboot.

Follow the README.txt instructions to automate it with Task Scheduler.

You can also run the batch file "fix-syntp.bat" manually and then reboot to revive the TP.

Hopefully this helps somebody. 

You can look at it in a text editor if you're worried about any added any funny business- it only has a few lines and imports data from 2 very small .reg files, so there's no danger.

Options

6 Posts

09-09-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 42 of 50

2019-01-08, 16:35 PM

Over 3 years of follow up i had found the reason for the touch pad failure. This is not due to windows10 updates or yoga pro3.

It is due to antivirus software which changes the upper filter of the registry. See my screenshots!This process is applicable for synoptics touch pad on hid devices..

steps1. Remove antivirus software completely.

step 2. Activate window security essentials (..microsoft is providing good anti virus software free)

step3 .  Run windows update and see whether you have latest driver for synoptics ( aug 2105 ).

step4. RESTART!

Please do not try to tinker registry editor . The screen shot is given for verification only.

Cheers! NEVER try AVAST free  or AVG free.. (Ok with Norton.)

Step4. REstart.

Options

3 Posts

04-06-2018

Austria

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 43 of 50

2019-01-13, 17:25 PM

I don't think this is a solution for me. I allready use MS Defender with windows 10 and the problem exists anyway. Only temp. solution is to uninstall several hid drivers and reboot immediately (as I wrote earlier). I'm not sure if the problem has something to do with standby or hypernate mode...

Options

4 Posts

03-02-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

249 Page Views

• Views: 249
  • Message 44 of 50

2019-03-06, 20:24 PM

My BIOS shows as A6CN58WW

Seems like its newer but I'm not sure

Dave

Options

1 Posts

03-19-2019

Pakistan

1 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 45 of 50

2019-03-19, 11:53 AM

I had the same problem. 

I did two things.

1) Installed Touchpad Driver from lenovo site.

2) Went to my Device Manager disabled the driver which had yellow triangle. Then enabled it. 

It worked for me (Atleast for now.)

Options

1 Posts

03-30-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 46 of 50

2020-03-30, 6:56 AM
ProNerd, Wow, more than a year after your post. Your solution is the only one that works for me, thank you so much. I cannot get a hold of your files any more. Any chance of re-posting them or somehow else getting them out there again, please?
Options

1 Posts

04-07-2020

Greece

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 47 of 50

Re:Yoga 3 Pro - Touchpad not working/Cursor disappeared

2020-04-07, 8:57 AM

Hello ProNerd!

So many thanks for posting this fix and appreciate your amazing efforts to find the issue and resolve it!

Woulld you be able to post the files back here in the forum so I can try it out??

Many thanks in advance!

Dimitris

Options

22 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

85 Signins

656 Page Views

• Views: 656
  • Message 48 of 50

2020-05-03, 21:17 PM

I've been getting this HUGE problem for years now on my Yoga 3 Pro, which for me is an expensive computer which I expect to perform at least the basics well for years.

I've tried so many different things. They mostly don't work, or at best are temporary fixes. I've even, as a last resort, done the fix on another thread that guides you to open the bottom and put electrical tape (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-1370-Wireless-Network-Adapter-quot-Disappears-quot/m-p/4388819). That actually worked, for a while. The problem has always come back, though.

My wife recently got a much, much newer Lenovo Yoga model for work. She already has the same problem! Other models do, too, if you search around this forum and elsewhere on the internet. One thing I've never seen is Lenovo pointing to a true fix (or even acknowledging a widespread problem).

This is my first time seeing the registry suggestion by ProNerd (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-Touchpad-not-working-Cursor-disappeared/m-p/3360945?page=4#4264158). I just tried it and it got my pointer and trackpad back. Thanks, ProNerd!

I wish the zip file ProNerd described was there. I don't see anything. But I'm grateful even for the manual instructions.

I hope this proves to go to the source of the problem once and for all. Thanks again, ProNerd!

Options

22 Posts

03-02-2016

United States of America

85 Signins

656 Page Views

• Views: 656
  • Message 49 of 50

2020-06-25, 0:40 AM

The no touchpad problem has returned again and again, with seemingly increasing frequency. Since I last commented (above), some combination of 1. the registry fix, and/or 2. uninstalling device drivers with restart, and/or 3. reinstalling the touchpad drivers (which I now keep on my desktop) always worked. Today the problem recurred, but nothing is working. I've tried the other old suggestions, too.

If anyone has any further suggestions, they would be very much appreciated. It would be especially great to hear from you, Lenovo!!!

Options

6 Posts

09-09-2016

United States of America

16 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 50 of 50

2021-01-19, 9:16 AM

Hi,

Now with the latest windows update 1-21, the touch pad is working fine. You have to ensure 

that the registry upper filter as shown in the attachment

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms