Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkrattas
Paper Tape
Views: 3,146
Message 21 of 40

Re: Yoga 3 Pro - Touchpad not working/Cursor disappeared

Coinsdently i had the same error yesterday.

I resolved it by uninstalling all the Universal Serial Bus Controlls and restarting the machine.

The USB controllers got automatically reinstalled on the startup and the pointer was working.

Check this guide Youtube video:

https://youtu.be/XIsFqA8BS8k

dlama
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,963
Message 22 of 40

I've been wrestling with this issue for sometime now, periodically succeeding, only for the issue to reoccur later - usually after sleep mode. Been trying to work out a pattern to the problem but haven't had the patience to get to the bottom of it. Right now I've actioned the advice from your post bkrattas 05-11-17 in exactly tha same steps/restarts etc. and that has worked today - with one extra point - I removed the Synaptics Pointing Device software via ADD/REMOVE Programs before I installed the driver software again. This is bound to re-occur so next is to try the USB Controller advice here. I'll report back!

dlama
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,956
Message 23 of 40

Lost touchpad on next sleep. Tried uninstalling USB controllers, restarted, no touchpad. Tried remove Synaptics from Add/Remove Programs, restarted, re-installed Synaptics drivers via setup, restarted, touchpad now back.

dlama
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,900
Message 24 of 40

Just an update for those tracking this. After my two posts above until now - no further issues. Problem now solved ... for me anyway!

crassarc
What's DOS?
Views: 2,338
Message 25 of 40

This was driving me crazy as a recurring issue. The steps above didn't resolve the issue for me as there was still a conflict in device manager afterward, which led to subsequent problems...

The thing that finally seems to have resolved the conflict is uninstallng drivers in device manager, removing synaptics drivers in add/remove programs, then weirdly, uninstalling the still conflicted driver through devices and printers (selected the laptop and looked at hardware which was still showing driver conflict on the touchpad). Then ran troubleshooter which found new hardware and installed drivers. Cursor now back, touchpad working and finally no conflicts reported.

Lenovo support recommended a factory reset, like a full reinstall was nothing to them...this whole issue has really dented my faith in them.

Thanks to those above for help and good luck if you're having the same problems!

dfiegel
Paper Tape
Views: 2,184
Message 26 of 40

This resolved the missing  cursor-touchpad for my Yoga 720:

First I opened a case on Lenovo support, explaining the cursor and touchpad are disabled after entering sleep mode,

and only way to recover the cursor was to restart the laptop - not an acceptable solution.

Tech support guy walked me through these steps and - yeehaw!  - it worked  :-)

Upgrade the BIOS UEFI from older 5GCN18WW  to  newer 5GCN20WW:

Go to Support > Drivers & Software (Get Downloads) > enter serial number >

scroll down and click on BIOS/UEFI > click on the eye icon under Summary > 

click on Download BIOS Update > run the .exe file downloaded > restart the laptop

Now fixed and working every time - cool!  :-)

bkrattas
Paper Tape
Views: 2,173
Message 27 of 40

Thanks dfiegel,

My Yoga is a different model "Yoga 3 Pro-1370". I had a terable pointer missing issue few days when I mostly needed it. tried all the things above but didn't work, suddenly the pointer showed up.

In fear the issue comes again, I went through updating BIOS. Current BIOS was a6cn56ww while the new BIOS is a6cn58ww.

Link: 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sa/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-...

Hope this issue gets fixed this time once and for all and we close thread once and for all.

kx
Paper Tape
Views: 2,087
Message 28 of 40

i have tried every suggetion on this thread still my touchpad wont work, my BIOS is already updated.

It seems that its windows update that kills the touchpad, my laptop was upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10, not sure if it makes any difference?

bkrattas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,864
Message 29 of 40

Well, I got the same machine sickening symptoms above few weeks back, tried everything above, nothing worked.

It seems than Lenovo had switched off the track pad.

Thanks very much Lenovo for the terrible support, and the continuous frustration that really affected my productivity with this machine.

If by chance you encountered this thread looking for a review on the machine, I DO NOT recommend anyone buying this machine, otherwise your mood & productivity will be totally dependent on what's the machine's mood would be at the time. 

orange707
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,817
Message 30 of 40

I got the same issue...This started happening frequently for me  since January 2018 and for the past month I tried everything I found on the forum, but no success. The touchpad cursor disappears after being idle for a while (not necessarily getting into sleep mode) and I get the error for one of the I2C HID Devices. The Touchpad is disappearing from the Settings->Devices and the Mice entry disappears from Device Manager.

Just restarting or logging off doesnt bring the touchpad back. Sometimes it comes back after uninstalling it and scanning for hardware changes, while other times it only comes back after I reinstall the driver again.  

I have the latest updates (including the BIOS one from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-...), the synaptics driver version is 19.0.17.13 (from Sept 2015) and the Automatic Driver Update and the Lenovo Service Bridge says that everything is up to date and functioning well.

Definitely a very frustrating experienceso far, but Im posting this in the hope that maybe someone from Lenovo will stumble upon this thread one day and provide us with some useful info.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors