Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

02-19-2015

United States of America

84 Signins

710 Page Views

• Views: 710
  • Message 41 of 44

Re: Yoga 3 Pro battery drain while in sleep mode

2015-02-26, 23:51 PM

The same here - until yesterday I was enjoying on good battery life.

Today, I was not able to turn it on - the battery was completely drained!!!

I'm trying to remember what I did different yesterday - nothing special!

But I remember that I made a mistake on 1/3/2015 when I bought this machine!

This is too much!

Options

5 Posts

02-12-2015

Germany

12 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 42 of 44

2015-03-12, 10:34 AM

Folks,

see what I got: Used the return label I got from Lenovo support and sent it in. Got it back Monday, what makes an 7-workday-roundtrip.

The documentation says (translated from German):

- "Battery charging unit" replaced

- HDD restored to Lenovo original

The "charging unit" ist not the power supply, as it didn't send it in. It's still my Yoga (can see it on a littel scratch on the bottom), no replacement. The Image they installed is definitely not the one I got with the machine, Lenovo tools have different icons.

Finally: Observed 3 nights, battery stayed on 100% over night! Working time extended vom 2-4 hours to 6-9 hours. That's what I was looking for when I bought the Yoga. :)

Maybe some of you should just send it in and see what happens...

Cheers!

Options

2 Posts

03-12-2015

New Hampshire

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 43 of 44

2015-03-12, 12:10 PM

Don't know if this will help anyone.  I have a Yoga 13 that is having the same issues.  I purchased it in June of 2014.  After reading through this thread and doing an energy report I focused in on the USB not allowing sleep.  I selectively disabled the USB hubs and roots.  I found that one USB hub controlled the wifi and the other controled the HID sensor collection.  After a bit of trial and error I guessed that the HID sensor was causing the power drain.  Last night I disabled the HID sensor collection through the device manager.  I put it to sleep with the power button.  It went to sleep with 34% on battery and i woke it up this morning with 33%. So, I am hopeful that this will allow a work around until I can get it to Lenovo.  BTW, the HID sensor collection controls the screen rotation.  This will disable the sleep command when you close the lid so I have to sleep the machine by the power button.

Options

1 Posts

11-05-2015

Canada

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 44 of 44

2015-11-05, 14:19 PM

I've had my Thinkpad Yoga for almost 2 years running Windows 8 then upgraded to 8.1. Worked fine until I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. I'm experiencing a battery drain while in sleep mode. It doesn't happen everytime, just now and then. Since it started exactly after upgrading I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms