Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redorchid
What's DOS?
Views: 4,259
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 3 Pro - itunes issues

I had no problem syncing my devices with itunes on my Yoga 3 Pro until about a month or so ago. itunes would open and work properly until I connected any device. It would identify the device and then become unresponsive for hours until I gave up and forced a shut down. On the first few times, I uninstalled itunes and reinstalled again, it would work every time. But then one day, this trick didn't work anymore.

I've tried every single tip and solution I found online: creating a new Windows user, uninstalling all Apple softwares and components, removing every trace from the computer (windows registry, common files, app data, etc.), nothing worked.

Today I gave up and did a full reset of my laptop to factory settings (full blown, no files saved, nothing, really deleted everything, all settings, etc.) Chose to roll back to Windows 8 just in case it was some problem with Windows 10.

Then I installed itunes first thing, before installing or running anything (didn't even install anti-virus yet), an empty installation with no library, nothing. Tried to see if itunes would open somebody else's iphone (just in case the problem was with something that was on my devices). itunes froze again...

Then I tried to see what happens on other people's computers. My devices are all perfectly and timely found by their itunes and I can open the settings (without having to sync).

This makes me believe there's something on this specific computer. Since it's reset to factory settings, it can't be something I installed or even a personal file, the laptop is completely empty.

Has anyone seen this happen with this model before?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,216
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 3 Pro - itunes issues

I have tried it on that model without issue. You have tested everything except the cable and the port. Could the cable be be damaged?  Can you try a different port?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Hey1what1up
What's DOS?
Views: 4,152
Message 3 of 14

I have the exact same problem. I've reset my yoga to factory settings and iTunes is still freezing up when I plug my iPhone. Can someone please provide a solution?
Searchwood
What's DOS?
Views: 4,098
Message 4 of 14

Same with my machine - we have tried everything to get iTunes to work - I can download it but as soon as I connect my iPhone it freezes and won't work at all. Be great if someone could find the answer to this.

adrigijon
What's DOS?
Views: 4,062
Message 5 of 14

Hi all, I have the same issue with my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. Already tried with another user, uninstalling plenty of softwares / updates and iTunes and always have the same freeze whenever I connect my IPhone.
I have contacted as well the Apple support and they aren't able either to provide a solution.
If anyone has a workaround, please let us know!
ctdport
What's DOS?
Views: 4,028
Message 6 of 14

Has there been a fix found for this issue.  I have customers Yogo 3 Pro doing the something.  It seem to be an issue with Distributed COM 10010 it crashes every time that the phone is plugged in.  

Malarduck
What's DOS?
Views: 4,005
Message 7 of 14

I have the exact same issue, unable to use itunes on my Yoga 3 to sync my Iphone.  Any update on this issue?

Malarduck
What's DOS?
Views: 4,004
Message 8 of 14

Seems this is an issue with anyone using a Lenovo Yoga and trying to sync up an iphone.  I have an Iphone 6, the last sync was performed in 11.23.15.

Former Employee
Views: 3,968
Message 9 of 14

I investigated and found numerous reports in the last month from customers with various laptops manufactured by Lenovo and other OEMs reporting freezing either upon boot up of iTunes, or when connecting a phone to iTunes.

While there may be a specific contributing factor in common across these laptops, since the problem is specific to vendor software, the solution will need to be provided by that vendor. 

Thank you,

redorchid
What's DOS?
Views: 3,958
Message 10 of 14

I actually solved the problem by downgrading 3 versions of the itunes software. So the problem seems to be with the newer versions of itunes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors