Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

42 Posts

02-10-2015

Tucson, AZ

36 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 111 of 266

Re: Yoga 3 Pro lmcfrundll.exe Run Problem, how to fix?

2015-02-13, 22:59 PM
Did you try disabling all Lenovo apps in msconfig? So far, this has mine
working fine. Temporary, but allows me to keep working. Cheers, NG

Options

5 Posts

02-12-2015

Brisbane, Australia

30 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 112 of 266

2015-02-14, 0:28 AM
yes, no change....
Options

1 Posts

02-14-2015

savage

11 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 113 of 266

2015-02-14, 2:28 AM

I followed the simple instructions on page nine of this thread and it solved the problem for me until they get a proper fix. Prior to following the instructions on page nine I just hit okay and cleared the error messages. It didn't seem to cause me any trouble. After I did the page nine thing I ran the one touch optimizer, crossed my fingers and let it do it's thing. My Yoga 3 seems fine, perhaps better than before I ran the optimizer. Odd.

This is a weird device (the Yoga 3). With it's weird high res screen my older Windows apps are pretty much useless. And some newer ones. For instance, Malwarebytes is nearly impossible to read. But for some things this baby rocks. (It's also my first, and hopefully last Win 8.x experience) Oh well. Cheers.

Options

1 Posts

02-14-2015

denver

6 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 114 of 266

2015-02-14, 12:46 PM

I attempted to contact Lenovo tech support in regards to the lmcfrundll.exe problem. Lenovo told me despite having bought a new Yoga with a 3 year accidental warranty protection that I was ineligible for any free tech support, as my "warranty" only covers hardware issues. So called software support requires an additional fee. I was then told I would have to pay for tech support. Given that the support is offshore and there is no solution or fix to this problem, I was glad I decided not to purchase support for an additional fee.I'll gladly buy a year of unlimited premium tech support from the Microsoft store for $99.

I consider it simply outrageous for a company to try and nickle and dime its customers when they spend $1700 plus on a new laptop, and then the company does not provide the necessary tech support for the product despite buying a three year warranty. And those paying for suppport would spend hours on the phone and not have received a valid fix to the problem. When one buys a Dell machine with a three year warranty, tech support is included. This also applies to HP and many other computer manufacturers. If one buys a computer from Costco, there is free lifetime Concierge technical support.

This problem arose from the software update to the OneKey Optimizer. Lenovo should fix the problem and provide its customers the necessary tech support for a problem they created. The Yoga is a great machine, and the hardware is excellent. However, a company failing to provide the necessary tech support for the product is simply UNACCEPTABLE!

Options

5557 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

39908 Signins

765788 Page Views

• Views: 765788
  • Message 115 of 266

2015-02-14, 16:18 PM

Hi chitownflyer,

As per the post at the beginning of this thread, Lenovo is working on this problem, and they are also being helped by community volunteers.

While they zero in on the fix, I suggest patience!

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

2614 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12814 Signins

148338 Page Views

• Views: 148338
  • Message 116 of 266

2015-02-14, 16:37 PM

chitownflyer wrote:

This problem arose from the software update to the OneKey Optimizer. Lenovo should fix the problem and provide its customers the necessary tech support for a problem they created. The Yoga is a great machine, and the hardware is excellent. However, a company failing to provide the necessary tech support for the product is simply UNACCEPTABLE!

Good Morning, chitownflyer,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.

I'm glad you have been enjoying your Yoga. My Y3P has been fun to use -- great product.

If you scroll up in this discussion, you will see that a Lenovo employee mentioned that Lenovo is working on the problem.

OEM's have various levels of support, depending on the fine print in the contract that the customer orders. Not all include software support. Accidental damage coverage in most cases is for hardware. If you are referring to the Microsoft Support that I am familiar with, it covers Microsoft products. Microsoft had its own issues this past week with one of the updates, and ended up pulling it from distribution. It happens. It takes time to find the cause of the problem, rewrite, and test. That is probably what Lenovo has been busy doing.  I'm sure the problem will be resolved if we can be patient just a bit longer.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2 Posts

02-14-2015

Halifax

11 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 117 of 266

2015-02-14, 17:00 PM
Has there been any progress with this issue?

I just purchased a Lenovo yoga 3 pro computer which has the 'lmcfrundll.exe' error.

When I first contacted Lenovo support (February 13) and told them about the error, they said it was a software issue and was realized after Microsoft updates were installed - they further intimated it was a Microsoft (software) problem. Once I told them I had researched the issue and that it was happening on all Lenovo yoga 3 pro computers, the story was changed to say that they were working on the problem. I further asked when this problem was first reported and the response was that it was posted only four hours earlier. Further research revealed Lenovo was informed on February 7th. What does Lenovo customer service think when lying to to those who purchase computers for staff departments?; that they are going to go out and purchase more of these computers? When I hinted that I might return the computer, customer service was quick to point out that it would depend on the policy of the store where it was purchased. Oh thanks Lenovo.

When customers phone Lenovo to point out an error, customer service should respond by 1)saying that they are aware of the issue 2)when it was first reported, and 3)what they are doing to correct the issue - instead of confusing people and giving them the runaround.
Options

2614 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12814 Signins

148338 Page Views

• Views: 148338
  • Message 118 of 266

2015-02-14, 18:28 PM

Hello, Scmurray,

According to Lenovo the fix is in the testing phase. That is important because customers like you and I wouldn't want to install something that was developed in haste that would create additional issues. Once testing on the updated file is completed by the team, Lenovo will reply.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2 Posts

02-14-2015

Halifax

11 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 119 of 266

2015-02-14, 18:38 PM
Thank you for your response. However, I think Lenovo should be responding to my post (or this thread) or at the very least, I should have been told that information during one of my four telephone conversations with customer service.
Options

4 Posts

02-09-2015

honolulu

7 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 120 of 266

2015-02-14, 19:44 PM
Mine does that too. It's not just pop ups. It hangs when I click something. It hangs the worst when clicking the start menu icons.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms