Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-14-2015

Australia

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 131 of 266

Re: Yoga 3 Pro lmcfrundll.exe Run Problem, how to fix?

2015-02-15, 22:45 PM
Thank you for your advice but uninstalling Lenovo Dependency Package did not solve the problem. I will wait patiently for a fix from Lenovo. Thank you Julia

Options

42 Posts

02-10-2015

Tucson, AZ

36 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 132 of 266

2015-02-16, 2:39 AM

Greetings, KirseK,

Alas, if you will return it, the problem is likely to return w/ the new Yoga when it updates. Unless you get another computer, and then have that one's issues to cope with! :smileyfrustrated:

In addition to uninstall, which seems to have helped many, my solution on one of the previos paages worked for me.  |I have no issues since doing this. I understand that not knowing the tech stuff can make it difficult to do on your own, so let me try to walk through it for you: 

Go to search icon. Type in "Task Manager". Go to the tab on top, 4th from the right, that says Startup. Click that. There, you will see all the programs that launch when you start your computer. Some of the LEnovo ones may be gone, but if you still see any that start with Lenovo, you can highlight them individually and click on the "disable" button at the lower right of the dialog box. 

That's it! It made the lmcfrundll messages go away, and I have full functionality. This step doesn't alter anything, and can easily be reversed by going back and clicking "enable" when Lenovo have figured this out. As far as I can tell, there are no down sides to doing this, though some have tried it and it did not help. It might depend on what all you're doing with your computer. I am mostly writing, so I don't know about advanced functions. 

I hope this is of help. I so understand what it is like to have a new bit of tech and the frustration of not being able to use or understand it! Good luck to you. 

NG

wrote:

The workaround was to uninstall the Lenovo Dependency Package, right? I tried, and it didn't work for me.

My problem is that I don't understand all of this computer speak. I can uninstall something, but I can't search around and try to find it again or do some restore-thing or -- ??? Does that mean delete everything? How does it work?

Everything else works, I guess, just those 3 messages at every startup. But I don't know if uninstalling that package messed me up more, too. I appreciate the message about trying to find it again on the D-drive, and I did a search, but it isn't there anymore, so uninstalling it must have removed it completely--? I just don't know, and I don't even know if it matters.

Back to Best Buy?

Options

2614 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12814 Signins

148333 Page Views

• Views: 148333
  • Message 133 of 266

2015-02-16, 3:52 AM

KirseK, we'll help you. That is what these forums are for.  I'm glad you found us. We'll even post videos of procedures if you need them. For now disabling as notgeorge suggested will be fine. On my Yoga 3 Pro, both Lenovo Dependency Package and Lenovo Settings Dependency Package were installed. If you removed the wrong one, no worries, it can be downloaded and reinstalled later. Let's wait for Amy to post step-by-step instructions so all of us know exactly what to do first. After that, we'll help you with any questions that you have.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

10 Posts

01-18-2015

United Kingdom

17 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 134 of 266

2015-02-16, 13:32 PM
Just found this on Experts Exchange, which tells us what aspects of the computer's use is affected by the error. Given that I have not used the camera I guess that it does not matter to me if it does not work. "Lenovo are aware and it's down to an unexpected conflict between their Settings interface on the Yoga Pro 3 and last week's Windows 8.1 update. It's a cosmetic problem at the moment in that the pop-ups are an annoyance (lmcfrundll.exe is the launcher for the Settings background services). The three affected services that fail to launch are: - Lenovo AVFramework Camera Policy Controller - Lenovo AVFramework Microphone Volume Controller and Dolby Interface & - Lenovo AVFramework Virtual Camera Controller Service While waiting for Lenovo's fix you can disable Services by renaming lmcfrundll.exe & then if you want to use Lenovo's Service controls for these utilities you'll have to launch them manually from Task Manager. This is just a workaround until Lenovo release a fix and purely hides the popup messages. Once there's a fix you'll need to undo the filename change and then apply the fix (or Lenovo may talk Microsoft into updating their update!)"
Options

10 Posts

01-18-2015

United Kingdom

17 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 135 of 266

2015-02-16, 13:35 PM

Sorry - that was not very easy to read. Hopefully this is better.

Lenovo are aware and it's down to an unexpected conflict between their Settings interface on the Yoga Pro 3 and last week's Windows 8.1 update. It's a cosmetic problem at the moment in that the pop-ups are an annoyance (lmcfrundll.exe is the launcher for the Settings background services).

The three affected services that fail to launch are:

- Lenovo AVFramework Camera Policy Controller
- Lenovo AVFramework Microphone Volume Controller and Dolby Interface
&
- Lenovo AVFramework Virtual Camera Controller Service

While waiting for Lenovo's fix you can disable Services by renaming lmcfrundll.exe & then if you want to use Lenovo's Service controls for these utilities you'll have to launch them manually from Task Manager.

This is just a workaround until Lenovo release a fix and purely hides the popup messages. Once there's a fix you'll need to undo the filename change and then apply the fix (or Lenovo may talk Microsoft into updating their update!)

Options

6 Posts

02-16-2015

Clear Lake, IA

8 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 136 of 266

2015-02-16, 14:06 PM

Continue to have these issues with nothing from Lenovo to provide an answer that I have seen - please resolve.

Options

42 Posts

02-10-2015

Tucson, AZ

36 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 137 of 266

2015-02-16, 14:19 PM
That was great info, Adrian! (And cheers for the formatting!)
Thank you! NG
PS how do you get into the experts' forum?
Options

10 Posts

01-18-2015

United Kingdom

17 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 138 of 266

2015-02-16, 14:38 PM
I did a Google search for the dreaded lmcfrundll.exe issue and came across this page.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Q_28616276.html

It is nothing to do with Lenovo.
Options

10 Posts

02-16-2015

Norway

7 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 139 of 266

2015-02-16, 14:39 PM
My Yoga has also stopped charging after I got this dll problem. Could these issues still be related as I see several comments on battery charging problems? Talked to lenovo who suggest a full recovery. What do you guys think?
Options

10 Posts

01-18-2015

United Kingdom

17 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 140 of 266

2015-02-16, 14:50 PM
I had a similar problem. I uninstalled the OneKeyOptimiser software and then downloaded the version on the web site. once installed the battery indicator is now working fine and the battery is charging perfectly. Whether it was the uninstall and re-install, I have no idea, but it worked and that is the main thing.

Here is the link to the file if you want to try it:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101321

Best of luck.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms