Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-17-2015

Wilmington, NC

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 161 of 266

Re: Yoga 3 Pro lmcfrundll.exe Run Problem, how to fix?

2015-02-17, 20:12 PM

The link does not appear to work.  When are you guys going to fix this issue?  I have two Yoga Pro 3 laptops and they keep popping up.

Options

2550 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12774 Signins

147638 Page Views

• Views: 147638
  • Message 162 of 266

2015-02-17, 23:45 PM

wrote:

The link does not appear to work. 

The link that Amy posted works for me right now.  Was it not working earlier?

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

42 Posts

02-10-2015

Tucson, AZ

36 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 163 of 266

2015-02-17, 23:46 PM

Hi Kirsek, 

I hope we all can continue to help and support each other until Lenovo comes up with a permanent patch. I am glad something I did helped! 

As to Amy/Lenovo's workaround, I haven't tried it and won't, just because I don't need to at this point. And, as someone else mentioned, by deleting the other stuff, that would have deleted the lmcfrundll.exe, but the problems as reported by other users seem to go way beyond the error messages (eg, batteries not charging. Yikes!!). 

If your system is stable with what you've done so far, I would recommend doing nothing until a permanent patch is in from Lenovo. (If it isn't more broke, don't fix it any more, lol!). Even then, I'm gonna wait and see what sort of issues that produces! :smileytongue:

Cheers and good luck! 
NG

wrote:

Thank you so very much, notgeorge, for your detailed instructions! I really appreciate them, and I was able to follow them. I haven't yet disabled the final Lenovo files yet, though (although, as mentioned before, I did remove the dependency package), as I've now been seeing some new ideas come down the pike.

So... Would it be possible for you to supply me with some more advice?

I also saw the thing about renaming the "imcfrundll.exe" file. Should I try that, as well, or instead? I did a search for the file, I admit, and didn't find it... :smileyembarrassed:

I also saw the thing that Amy_Lenovo put out. Has anyone tried that? I downloaded the new Dependency Pkg exe file, but then thought better of running it--do we know that Amy_Lenovo is legit?

Thanks again, notgeorge, and everyone, for your help and discussion of this issue.

+KirseK

Options

2 Posts

02-17-2015

Wilmington, NC

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 164 of 266

2015-02-17, 23:55 PM
I finally got it. Thanks.

Options

2550 Posts

05-01-2010

United States of America

12774 Signins

147638 Page Views

• Views: 147638
  • Message 165 of 266

2015-02-18, 0:36 AM

wrote:
I finally got it. Thanks.

Good job!

You're welcome.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

4 Posts

02-09-2015

honolulu

7 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 166 of 266

2015-02-18, 2:40 AM
I purchased this laptop the day before it automatically updated what ever it is that caused the error. I disabled everything in startup that has Lenovo in the name. I no longer see that pop up message. . How do I keep Lenovo software from automatically updating this laptop. I spent two days on the phone with with tech support and they couldn't tell me.
Also, is the battery in any way related to this? How long does it normally last for everyone? I thought it was supposed to be 8 hours but tech support said that is if you are not using it. ?**bleep**? What good is that? Mine lasts an hour or 2 at best.

Options

42 Posts

02-10-2015

Tucson, AZ

36 Signins

272 Page Views

• Views: 272
  • Message 167 of 266

2015-02-18, 3:16 AM

Howdy, Jay. 

If I'm using it non-stop, mostly for email, web browsing and word processing, I get a good 3.5 hours of solid work on it wihtout charging. Are you doing intesive processing, like playing video or Skype? 

If it's in sleep mode, it drops about 3% per hour on my system, from what I can tell. I would not recommend leaving it in sleep mode overnight. It will be very low in the morning. This seems to get worse, from what I can tell, when you leave programs open and they autosave or somesuch. Not sure. I leave Word, Outlook and Chrome open and hardly lose anything during sleep mode. I power down if I'll be away for more than an hour. It only takes 20 seconds or so to start! Why not shutdown? :-) 

If you have disabled the Lenovo programs, they should not auto start, and should not start unless you start them. I assume this means they will not then update. Can someone else confirm? 

Some folks have the battery issue with lcmfrundll, some, like me, do not. Not sure what that's about, though I hypothesize it is the Lenovo stuff, which is why I disabled all mine until the fix is in. 

Hope this helps! 

NG

wrote:
I purchased this laptop the day before it automatically updated what ever it is that caused the error. I disabled everything in startup that has Lenovo in the name. I no longer see that pop up message. . How do I keep Lenovo software from automatically updating this laptop. I spent two days on the phone with with tech support and they couldn't tell me.
Also, is the battery in any way related to this? How long does it normally last for everyone? I thought it was supposed to be 8 hours but tech support said that is if you are not using it. ?**bleep**? What good is that? Mine lasts an hour or 2 at best.

Options

3 Posts

02-16-2015

Boston

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 168 of 266

2015-02-18, 3:26 AM
I am inclined to wit for the fix vs deleting things which I don't even know what they are, and then re-installing them.

When will that be? You'd think this would be a priority?

Also, I agree, batter life is bad: supposed to be 7-8 hours, but seems like 3-4 hours. Disappointing, but maybe it gets better w software updates.
Options

3 Posts

02-16-2015

Boston

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 169 of 266

2015-02-18, 3:28 AM
Why should the battery decline 3% per hour in sleep mode. It's sleeping. The door is closed. Why does that white light blink. Go to sleep, Lenovo.
Options

2 Posts

02-12-2015

Wisconsin

9 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 170 of 266

2015-02-18, 4:42 AM
Chalk it up to 'dreaming' it's keeping memories in a ready state for immediate launch and recovery. With the super fast boot from shut down, hibernation and sleep are really not needed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms