Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-21-2015

United Kingdom

5 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 231 of 266

Re: Yoga 3 Pro lmcfrundll.exe Run Problem, how to fix?

2015-03-21, 16:30 PM

When will the permanent fix for LibStartStub.dll could not be found be made available ?

Options

2 Posts

03-18-2015

Bruxelles

25 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 232 of 266

2015-03-21, 19:36 PM

Nobody know when Lenovo will release the patching for fixing this problem.
It seems Lenovo doesn't considers his duty to inform his Customers about when this issue will be fixed.

This problem is open since weeks!
I'm going to wait another week then I will spread my opinion about Lenovo products so to avoid, as much I can, that somebody else makes the same mistake I did buying a Lenovo PC.

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 233 of 266

2015-03-23, 1:10 AM

I bought the Yoga3 last Dec and started using since Mar. Same problem as everyone else. I thought a permanent fix would have been introduced by now. I have been following this thread for 2 weeks and still none. 

Worse yet, the performance of Y3 is bad. I could not watch videos without the video jumping and getting out of sync. I uninstalled the Harmony app. I 'upgraded' from Yoga 2. It is a much better PC IMO. Is it the new CoreM processor? I wonder if  anyone here has that same performance problem. I have a video showing both Yoga2 and Yoga3 playing the same streaming video and you can see the jumps, but I don't know how to upload it here.

Even when I do my usual office work, or changing between tabs or typing fast, sometimes there are lapses. It freezes for a moment before continuning. This never happened for my Y2. 

The reason why I changed is because I like that the hinges are stronger, with the 6 piano hinges. And my Y2 has ONE problem, it sometimes cannot find the boot device, perhaps because I upgraded the HD when I bought it, but it should be addressed in a different thread. 

This is extremely frustrating, since i have been a loyal support of the thinkpad series and this must be my 5th IBM/Lenono pc. And now I have 2 sub-par pcs. Both are expensive in comparison to other laptops. I do not expect these level of performances. Lenovo/Moderator, if you are reading this, please do something about the fixes and performances asap, or you will starting losing supporters. Also, I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me asap. 

Options

130 Posts

02-04-2015

Canada

166 Signins

2499 Page Views

• Views: 2499
  • Message 234 of 266

2015-03-24, 16:27 PM

To GabrielGGoh:

Your experience with the performance of the Yoga 3 Pro is not unique. It is genuinely sub-par for this price of a laptop. I have the exact same jumpy video problems with streaming video. I used to use Firefox, but it often becomes unusable, so I have to stream video in Chrome. But it is still often jittery on certain sites.

What irks me is that not only is the performance bad, but the battery life is terrible too. Usually you are making that trade-off: high performance versus long battery life and light. But in this case, all we have is a light/thin laptop, but terrible battery life, and mediocre performance at best.

Options

7 Posts

02-13-2015

United States

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 235 of 266

2015-03-24, 16:56 PM
Hate to admit, but what you said is true. I have so wanted to love my Yoga
Pro 3 but battery life really is terrible and I too have terrible streaming
video issues.

Live and learn I guess but since this was my first Lenovo purchase, I may
not return a second time.

Options

3 Posts

02-09-2015

Michigan USA

5 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 236 of 266

2015-03-24, 20:21 PM

I am sort of in the same boat.  I really like the form factor, the hinges, etc.  The display is totally awesome.  I was disappointed to find out the new processor is not quite as good as the old i3.  I am a very long time Dell user and have always had good service and good luck. Probably have purchased 10 or more computers in the last 5-6 years from Dell.  This is my first Lenovo, and I so wanted it to be perfect.  I don't use it much for streaming video, and would probably attribute glitches to my router or Xfinity, but now that I know.....  Battery Life is not very good, and that was supposed to be one of the virtues of the new processor.  Apparently it is not, or at least of the first incarnation.   I can sort of chalk that up to being a very early adopter who guessed wrong, but this software issue and the time to resolve what is apparently a screwed up patch is unforgivable.  Well over 2 months.  I did reboot today.  The Pro3 locked up tight and I had to turn the power off and restart.  Windows did its thing and updated. When it finally restarted, I did not see the error. I just rebooted, and the problem was gone.  Must be fixed.  That is nice, but I would have been much more impressed if Lenovo had fixed it faster, told us of the problem in the first place, and them told us how it was resolved (and why it took so long)  If it wasn't for this Forum, we would all be in the dark about why our very expensive little computer was getting an error on every restart.  They have this messenger app but it seems to be more marketing oriented rather than user help.  They have a vehicle to really shine about being user friendly, but are sadly not using it to alert us about problems or solutions.

The other issue I have with the Pro3 is that the resolution is too good for some apps.   If the app was not written to take into account the very high resolution screens, the text and pictures are so small, they are unreadable.  Not Lenovo's fault but still a problem.  One program, Dashlane (password manager) is really horrible.  I have complained to them but so far no help.  Outlook email has some issues here too.  You all have probably noticed that.  I am hoping Windows 10 fixes that problem.

Options

21 Posts

02-19-2015

United States of America

84 Signins

710 Page Views

• Views: 710
  • Message 237 of 266

2015-03-24, 23:09 PM

Bikerdude47,

Can you explain what Windows update you're talking about?

Anyway, during one the "cleaning" of my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370, I lost somehow a Lenovo driver...

I found a similar problem in the forums:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Flex-Laptops-and/Flex-14-Win-7-Driver-quot-ROOT-LENOVOVHID-0000-quot/m-p/2047728#M30476

See Alex_CC link for Lenovo Energy Management!

After the installation I'm enjoying a very decent battery life...

I agree with Bikerdude47 that the resolution is so good, so crispy, and some of the things I'm watching on it don't look good...

Also, the speed on start up is just unbelievable - even beats my son's Mac Book Pro!

But, there are some flaws that need Lenovo's attention, and I hope we'll hear from them soon!!!

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 238 of 266

2015-03-25, 3:45 AM

I hate to see that so many of us are in the same boat. I have all the same problems, and the screen resolution thing, though that is not Lenovo's fault. But sometimes, my mouse 'disappears' under the window/programme. It only shows when it is over the taskbar and when you move up, it's gone! Aargh... I have been using IBM/Thinkpad/Lenovo for so long and I am losing faith - quickly! 

I would go back to use my Yoga 2. It's just that it restarts by itself sometimes and the blue screen of death comes up,saying "No boot device detected". I know this is not aY2 thread,sorry, but I'm just venting. 

But the question persists - Why is there no response from Lenovo???!!?

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 239 of 266

2015-03-25, 3:47 AM
And yes,my battery life for the Yoga 3 is terrible too. I'm going try the fix above.
Options

2 Posts

03-20-2015

usa

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 240 of 266

2015-03-26, 9:02 AM
Does anyone have any ideas why the font in some applications is really
small?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms