Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davoimail94
Paper Tape
Views: 4,063
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 3 Pro problem, network adapter gone

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro laptop, and last 3 weeks I have a problem with using.
  Windows can not find network adapter, it is not appeared in device manager. I try reinstall driver, but there nothing changed.
 In addition, the touchpad and audio adapter also disappear from time to time.
 As a result, the computer brakes, a blue screen is displayed and the computer needs to be restart.

Please help to fix the problem, or tell your assumptions.

Best Regards,
 davoimail94

34274525_1464417486995720_6289704546696429568_n.png34284598_1464396346997834_6861738355948781568_n.png

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,022
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 3 Pro problem, network adapter gone

Your images do not show what is under "Other Devices" in device manager, so I can only presume that the missing devices are listed there, but here are some steps I would recommend.

I would start by Installing and running Lenovo Vantage and then from under Health and Support, run a a Hardware Scan.   

If the Hardware Scan completes with error(s), please view the log and post the results.

If the Hardware scan reports no problems, next run Windows' Check Disk utility to scan and fix filesystem errors

• Press Windows Key + R   to open a Run window
  • In the Run box, type:   cmd   and then press and hold CTRL + SHIFT  and then press Enter
  • In the "Administrator: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window, type:    chkdsk c:   and press Enter

If the Check Disk scan finds no errors, then open Lenovo Vantage again and run System Update to check for and install the latest drivers.

• If Check Disk finds errors, but cannot fix them, again in the Command Prompt Window, type  chkdsk c: /f   press Enter, and then press  to schedule the volume to be checked on next restart.
  • Restart your computer.

If that complete nomrally, open Lenovo Vantage again, and run System Update to check for updated device drivers for your system.

Good Luck,

paultherrien
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,255
Message 3 of 11

I have this same issue - it is intermittent and  only began to happen within the last few weeks.. The Yoga 900 turns on without a wifi adapter.  I cannot find anyway to activate the adapter.  I have to shutdown the computer and power it back on to get the wifi adapter to show up. 

I am worried that eventually the wifi adapter will never show up.

What can I do to ensure that the wifi adpter always shows up?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,234
Message 4 of 11

Hi Paultherrien! Welcome to our forums community. Try updating the wireless driver from our website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gr/nl/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-.... It is under Networking: Wireless LAN.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

paultherrien
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,209
Message 5 of 11

Ok, Installed the new driver.

I was required to remove "INTEL PROSet/Wireless Software" in order to install the new version "INTEL PROSet/Wireless Software
v18.12.2"

We'll see how this goes.

Thanks very much

paultherrien
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,964
Message 6 of 11

12/10/2018 - Now the wireless adapter does not show up at all.  I have run hardware scans and modified the Intel Pro Wireless driver and I see no wireless adpater.

What can i do to get the wireless adapter to show up?

Paul

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,955
Message 7 of 11

Hi paultherrien! In device manager, click View> Show hidden devices. You should see the driver grayed out. That means that the wifi card is not functioning. This is a hardware issue and repair is needed. Please contact your local Lenovo support for service repair. 

Please use this Global Contact List to get the contact number: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

paultherrien
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,954
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the information.  

I ended up rebooting my laptop on battery only and now the wireless connection is up.  

I don't suppose it has anything to do with my power source at my office?  I am plugging into an extension cord that is plugged into a powerstrip.  Honestly, the only time I seem to have this issue with the wireless adapter not being available is when I am at the office and plugged into this extension cord. 

But when the issue occurs again I will take your advice and try to look at hidden devices to see if the adapter is there or not. 

simcity
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 9 of 11

I'm having what would appear the very same issue on a new Lenovo Yoga 310-11IAP. I only got the machine out of the box yesterday and upgraded it from the completely crippled Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro.

At some stage post upgrade I noticed that the wireless connection had gone, not only that the complete adapter had disapperaed from Device Manager. So upgraded the BIOS to the latest version and also all the device drivers to run under Windows 10 Pro. Still no wireless adapter!

This morning I switched on he machine from cold and plugged it into a wired ethernet network and ran some Windows updates. Lo and behold the wireless adapter suddenly appears at some point. I join my local WiFi network and run some tests using the Lenovo diagnsotics tool. All seems good.

Then poof 15 minutes later its disappeared again - nothing on the system - like it never existed.

Have I got a duff laptop here or is this some weird power management or driver issue?

paultherrien
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,585
Message 10 of 11

I don't have an answer to your issue.  Just want to acknowedge your frustration..  Since my post back in December my system has not had any issue with the wireless adapter...and I am not certain what 'fixed' the issue.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors