Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binkeks
Paper Tape
Views: 887
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 3 Pro - some keys won't work

Hello everyone,

I have the Yoga 3 Pro and after starting my Laptop today some keys on the keyboard won't work. So far I've noticed that the following keys don't work:
B, N, Y, Space bar, back space, down arrow, forward slash, caps lock (maybe I missed some)

what's odd: when I use the on-screen keyboard and press 'caps lock' the light on my physical 'caps lock' key goes on
the laptop didn't fall down. What can the cause of the issue and how can I fix it?
Thanks for your help in advance

Guru
Views: 829
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 3 Pro - some keys won't work

Try going to device manager and uninstalling the keyboard driver; then reboot the laptop. After that, make sure the keyboard settings are set to US. If none of that helps, try using an external keyboard. If the issue isn't reproduced on the external keyboard, then its most likely a defective keyboard or connector. You'll need to contact Lenovo support for a repair or order parts for a replacement. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

binkeks
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 3 of 4

Hello

well I did as you said and it's even worse now - the keyabord doesn't work at all. After unistalling the drivers and rebooting the computer the drivers are gone and I don't know how to reinstall them (I can't find any relaibale source online to download it, the drivers can't even be found on the official lenovo website). When I go to device manager the tab keyboard is gone and when I go to the 'keyboard' in control panel it shows me that there is no hardware installed. 

What do I do now? Smiley Sad

Guru
Views: 791
Message 4 of 4

Under device manager, go to view, then show hidden devices. Do you see your keyboard tab there? Also, check if you can use the keyboard in BIOS. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors