IT

9 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 3 Pro trackpad issues after sleep/hybernate

2017-08-17, 18:58 PM

Hi all,

I am struggling with an issue that I have seen in other posts, but they date back to 2015, so I need to understand if this issue has been solved with new upgrades.

My PC came with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to 10 and all was going well. However, because of some issues with Office 2007 I decided to reset it from the system (not from the Novo button). All went well and the PC seemed to be "lighter" and faster, maybe also because all the preloaded software didnùt get installed. However, after working fine for a few days the trackpad became completely unresponsive. I tried a lot of things, including updating the BIOS and updating Synaptic, but nothing. Based on a conversation with Lenovo support I reset the PC again and the trackpad started to work again. Lenovo support told me to use the Novo button in order to go back to Windows 8.1, do all the necessary updated in 8.1 and then upgrade to 10, but I wanted to see first if the same system reset would do the trick.

After 2 days the trackpad stopped working again and I realised that, like reported in other posts in this forum, the issue happens when the PC goes into sleep mode or hybernates (bacisally when I close the screen). This never happened before I reset the PC the very first time.

In Device Manager the mouse disappears and I can see an I2C HID Device with a yellow tringle. I have tried to update the drivers by choosing the Synaptic device and using the drivers from Synaptic driver folder but this only changes the name of the device to Synaptic HID.

I have read that a solution might be to disable Windows 10 from updating devices' drivers and icons, but the process seems a bit complicated. At the same time now that I know about sleep/hybernate triggering the problem, I think the solution must be different.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms