Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirksel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,971
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 3 Video Issues - NETFLIX MOVIES DON'T PLAY SMOOTHLY

I got the Lenovo update today and hoped that it would address the video issue. For those of you that are not familiar with the issue, the Yoga 3 will not smoothly play a video. For instance, I tried to play a movie from Netflix and it was a frame-by-frame issue: the video was not smooth and impossible to watch. The audit was smooth but the video jerked the whole time. I was hoping the wyould have addressed this since this is their high-end laptop and it's reasonable to assume users would like to watch videos on their Yoga. Given the horrible response time from Lenovo to issues, I expect this issue will not be addressed for months and months. They are pretty much silent on any technical issues. I'm going to search out any sites where I can make note of this issue so other unsuspecting buyers do not make the same $1,400 mistake I did. Not being able to play a video from Netflix is insulting.

Guru
Views: 1,929
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 3 Video Issues - NETFLIX MOVIES DON'T PLAY SMOOTHLY

Which browser are you using?

Have you tried other browsers?

Is this problem only with Netflix, or also youtube?

Have you tried playing a video which is locally on the computer?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
kirksel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,922
Message 3 of 5

I'm running Chrome and IE. I only tried Chrome as that's what I always use so I tried IE and it worked just fine. I also hooked up my portable DVD player and it played the movie perfectly. I know it's not my Internet connection as it's super fast and movies play just fine on my other computer (older but a Lenovo) so, for some reason, this model has a video playback issue with Chrome. That's very interesting but strange. 

Guru
Views: 1,910
Message 4 of 5

You need to uninstall chrome and reinstall it completely.

Could be there is some chrome extension which is hindering playback. It's not a laptop issue.
---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
kirksel
Paper Tape
Views: 1,855
Message 5 of 5

After I got the update, I found that Netflix now plays just fine! They fixed the streaming issue and the error popping up - took months but my compliments to Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors