Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 11

Yoga 3 and Yoga 2 Multiple problems!!

2015-03-27, 4:38 AM

Lenovo Yoga 3 and Yoga 2 tech problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-aEktBfUs

Yoga 3 Pro (BRAND NEW) has these problems:
1. Screen freezes and jumps (See video). I put both my Yoga 2 (on left) and Yoga 3 (on right side by side, and stream the same video from the same site. Notice how the Yoga 3 (on right) jumps frames. This problem occurs regardless of the power configuration- Balanced, Performance Optimised, or Power Saver.
2. Slow performance. freezes for a few seconds.
before continuing
3. Short battery life.
4. Mouse sometimes disappears behind the window. Appears only above the taskbar.
5. lmcfrundll.exe Run Problem. I have uninstalled the Harmony app that others on the Forum have advised against.

Yoga 2 (6 months old) has these problems:
1. Restarts suddenly by itself (sporadically)
2. Blue screen of death. Unable to find boot device. See Pictures.

I have also commented on this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Flex-Laptops-and/Yoga-3-Pro-lmcfrundll-exe-Run-Problem-how-to-fix/td-p/2027490/page/24

This is so FRUSTRATING. I have been an IBM/LENOVO/THINKPAD user for years and I am seriously thinking of switching brands.

I hope a responsible tech person from them watches this and contact me.

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 3 and Yoga 2 Multiple problems!!

2015-03-27, 4:44 AM

‎My Post on the other thread:

03-23-2015 09:10 AM

I bought the Yoga3 last Dec and started using since Mar. Same problem as everyone else. I thought a permanent fix would have been introduced by now. I have been following this thread for 2 weeks and still none.

Worse yet, the performance of Y3 is bad. I could not watch videos without the video jumping and getting out of sync. I uninstalled the Harmony app. I 'upgraded' from Yoga 2. It is a much better PC IMO. Is it the new CoreM processor? I wonder if anyone here has that same performance problem. I have a video showing both Yoga2 and Yoga3 playing the same streaming video and you can see the jumps, but I don't know how to upload it here.

Even when I do my usual office work, or changing between tabs or typing fast, sometimes there are lapses. It freezes for a moment before continuning. This never happened for my Y2.

The reason why I changed is because I like that the hinges are stronger, with the 6 piano hinges. And my Y2 has ONE problem, it sometimes cannot find the boot device, perhaps because I upgraded the HD when I bought it, but it should be addressed in a different thread.

This is extremely frustrating, since i have been a loyal support of the thinkpad series and this must be my 5th IBM/Lenono pc. And now I have 2 sub-par pcs. Both are expensive in comparison to other laptops. I do not expect these level of performances. Lenovo/Moderator, if you are reading this, please do something about the fixes and performances asap, or you will starting losing supporters. Also, I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me asap.

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2015-03-27, 4:46 AM

Yet another post:

‎03-25-2015 11:45 AM

I hate to see that so many of us are in the same boat. I have all the same problems, and the screen resolution thing, though that is not Lenovo's fault. But sometimes, my mouse 'disappears' under the window/programme. It only shows when it is over the taskbar and when you move up, it's gone! Aargh... I have been using IBM/Thinkpad/Lenovo for so long and I am losing faith - quickly!

I would go back to use my Yoga 2. It's just that it restarts by itself sometimes and the blue screen of death comes up,saying "No boot device detected". I know this is not aY2 thread,sorry, but I'm just venting.

But the question persists - Why is there no response from Lenovo???!!?

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2015-04-06, 2:45 AM

Why is there no response from Lenovo? I find it hard to believe there is no tech admin monitoring these forums. I would appreciate a response. Is it not just courtesy? 

Options

1 Posts

04-09-2015

Iceland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 5 of 11

2015-04-09, 15:27 PM

Hi Gabriel,

I have the same jittery video problem on my Yoga 3 pro :( but it only happens on Facebook. I found this solution that works for me. Please let me know if it works for you.

http://www.techhive.com/article/2025340/how-to-fix-jerky-youtube-video-in-google-chrome.html

A small message to Lenovo :

I bought my Yoga 3 ( the most expensive laptop in the store) about 4 weeks ago and I am very unhappy with it I will never buy a Lenovo product again and will always discourage people from buying a Lenovo product. And seeing your response time to Gabriels problem only make my feelings stronger.

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2015-04-13, 8:16 AM

Thanks for the link. I tried it, but unfortuantely the problem/problems still persists. 

In the other thread, https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Edge-Yoga-Flex-Laptops/Yoga-3-Pro-lmcfrundll-exe-Run-Problem-how-to-fix/m-p/2060250/highlight/false#M31169, some others have this problem fixed through an automatic update. 

Do you have this problem? 

Options

5 Posts

03-19-2015

Australia

9 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 7 of 11

2015-04-14, 4:12 AM

I too am wishing that I had not bought one of the most expensive computers available. A$2200

The Yoga 3 I recently purchased was meant to be faster, better, and more reliable then my older windows 7 pro unit.  I changed to Lenovo after the Samsung I bought to replace a Dell was a lemon.  The Samsung sat in a drawer for past 2 years. (no help there either)

How happy I am to find the next purchase is a Lemon too.  Out of the box my Yoga ran great.....but....install some software like Office etc and hold on tight......It is now so unreliable, horribly slow, and takes for ever to boot.  This Yoga is now worse and more fustrating to use then my old 4yr notebook.  I am seriously thinking of switching back to it and shoving this Yoda into a drawer to keep my Samsung company.

I have tried uninstalling software, running updates and yet nothing.  I may try to factory reset it and spend a week re-installing everything, but doubt that I will be any better off.

I can't understand how Lenovo could have it so so wrong.  And why are they still marketing them with all these issues we are having.???

I get other random dll errors too and have no idea if they are causing the speed issues, or if it is my antivirus fighting with Lenovo??  Who knows...

All I know is that i have used computers for nearly 30 years, and I know when there is Lemon around.

Good Luck Lenovo.... but you have lost me.  

PS My childeren have 3 Lenovos and they have been ok.

Options

14 Posts

03-23-2015

Singapore

15 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2015-04-24, 6:53 AM

Why no response Lenovo??!!!

Surely there should at least be a courtesy reply. 

I am SO FRUSTRATED.. I am working on 3 computers (ALL LENOVO) for different needs. One for playing music during performances (my 2 year old Lenovo i7 because it has a CD rom), one to watch movies (my Yoga 2 becasue it doesn't lag, but it restarts and shuts down intermitently) and one to for documents (my Y3 which is supposed to replace all 3!)

What the hell is wrong with this Company??!!! IT used to be so good. Is it after it changed ownership???

Options

78 Posts

01-10-2015

USA

57 Signins

845 Page Views

• Views: 845
  • Message 9 of 11

2015-04-24, 20:21 PM

Here is the first site to visit after purchasing a Yoga 2 or 3 Pro.

http://iamjstyle.hubpages.com/hub/Things-You-Must-Do-To-Your-Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro

1. From the article above, immediately follow the steps for upgrading the Intel Video Card. It's vitally important.

2. Do not attempt to uninstall the Harmony app or the One Touch Optimizer program. They are rooted so deep in the OS, that when deleting them, it can make the machine unstable.

3. Run the One Touch Optimizer. Many people ignore this program on the Yoga 3 Pro, but I've found that once it updated itself, my Yoga 3 Pro started running very smoothly.

4. Battery calibration. Please make sure your One Touch Optimizer has been updated. When the Battery Calibration notice appears, you do need to optimze it. Otherwise, you will continue to receive the warning. However, if the One Touch Optimizer hasn't been updated, the battery clibration warning will continue to come on and it probably won't calibrate correctly.

5. After I updated the One Touch Optimizer, I received the Calibrate Battery Warning. I set the machine aside planning on it taking 8-10 hours. And it did. However, it cannot be touched while it's running. It must cycle all the way through for it to complete correctly. It will let you know when it's done.

Lastly, it's PATHETIC about how poor the customer documentation is when purchasing a lap top that is this expensive. I got more instructions with my headphones! Why isn't Lenovo support ALL OVER these Forums every day interacting with customers who are experiencing so many problems and receiving no direction at all? PATHETIC, PATHETIC & PATHETIC! Lenovo, get your corporate act together and support your customers. Or you won't have any customers to worry about.

LEARN ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION FROM A VERY SUCCESSFUL PC COMPANY, GO TO AN APPLE STORE!!!

Options

204 Posts

03-28-2015

United States of America

511 Signins

2955 Page Views

• Views: 2955
  • Message 10 of 11

2015-04-25, 1:02 AM

Contact customer care and firmly but politely demand you speak to a supervisor if you can't get satisfaction.  If that doesn't work, try sending a snail mail letter to lenovo's headquarters (look up who is in charge of NA operations and address it to him/her) and be prepared to wait at least a few weeks for a reply.  I can't speak at all to the Ideapads build quality as I've had 9 repair/replaced units spanning 3 model lines over  2 1/2 years of reallly bad luck(?).  OTH, support with one exception has been very good and attentive.  If you're curious?  Bought a Y400P  - 3mo failed to boot - repaired 1mo failed to boot - repaired, fell apart - replaced with Y410P - DOA - Second Y410p lasted 3 mo before it too failed to boot- Repalced with U530 touch - DOA - Second unit lasted 5 mo before the hinge mounts broke causing the digitizer to crack (common issue) - warranty refused (there's the exception) and I resigned myself to be stuck with the 530.  I  bolted and duct taped it back to ugly usefulness.  Wrote a letter to VP in charge of NA before pc surgery and 3 weeks later got a call and a Yoga 3 14 as a replacement .  The machines had massive durability issues  and/or bad luck,  but the support wasn't bad.  So far, the Yoga has performed well and though it's not the type of machine I would buy in the first place, it is now my favorite.  Good Luck to you!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)