Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UnhappyYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 407
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 3 is a lemon so far!

Excel 2016 is quirky and unreliable. 

I've had two issues with keyboard responsiveness.  Driver reinstall fixed 90% of issue but still having issue with slow "R" button.

I tried to back up my files on a jump drive before restoring back to factory settings (per Lenovo's suggestion), but all the files were corrupt when I tried to put back on the computer!!!  Jump drive is still working fine on my other computers.

Touch screen is unreliable.  Sometimes websites scroll and respond fine.  Other times it won't scroll or respond to touch well.

Overall, I'm very disappointed and frustrated with my Yoga 3 Pro.  I've spent half a day of my life with Lenovo support, and they are constantly telling me they only work on hardware issues so I don't get much help.  Is anybody else as frustrated as I am?  Please let me know if anyone either knows how to fix numerous performance issues or if they feel like they got a lemon too.

Guru
Views: 362
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 3 is a lemon so far!

Welcome UnhappyYoga3

My apologies for hearing bad experience from you. Could you try and request the Lenovo Support to do a factory reset with another image? At times, software imaging could be the issue.

Peter

ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 |

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900

UnhappyYoga3
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 3 of 6

Hello Peter.  I think we did a factory reset (pressed the little button on the side next to the power button).  It erased all files and I had to set up everything again.  Anyway, the files that I backed up in preparation for this are all corrupt now so I lost an entire month of my work!  Files from my other computers on the jump drive still work so I think something was/is really wrong with the computer.  Very frustrating!  I've had nothing but problems so far.  Thanks for your comments.  Let me know if there is anything else I should know of. 

blero
WWAN
Views: 325
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I would try a backup again using the same USB port as before, to test if the saved files are corrupt again.

If yes, it could mean there's a problem with the HDD/SSD, the USB port you use, or the memory (the latter would mean a problem with the system board, as the memory is soldered, in this Yoga model case).

What do you mean by "slow "R" button" ?

Guru
Views: 302
Message 5 of 6

Hi UnhappyYoga3

In the future, please back up your documents with external storage. You would not be certain when your laptop internal storage would be failing. If security is not a critical concern, you could move your data to cloud storage such as Dropbox or Google Drive. 

What I meant is, the factory reset in the storage could be faulty. Tech Support would have a physical media / copy of an updated factory image that may have some issues fixed.

For Diagnostics of Possible Hardware Issues, please contact Tech Support directly.

Peter

ThinkPad W520 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 |

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900

rslobe
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 6 of 6

Mine is junk. Bought the extended ONSITE warranty and the guy just left after replacing a circuit board to get it to power and rendering the trackpad and keyboard useless. Back with more parts another day. SOO

1: BAD circuit board

2: another one.

3: cmos battery replacement

4. Gps not working

5:three keys dead so new keyboard

6. New screen and top (they stole my cool stickers on top! Lol)

This in less than two years. 

I had an IBM ThinkPad that was basically bullet proof. Not Lenovo. 

The contracted on site repair guy told I should understand lemon law because I got one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors