Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yuvalt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,580
Message 1 of 33

Yoga 3 pro - WIFI low signal

On a brand new Yoga 3 PRO 1370 -

I am getting very low WIFI signal on all my routers.

Compared side by side : Think pad yoga and yoga 3 pro - the first one have full bars on signal , the 3 pro have only 1-2 bars and disconnect all the time. 

Only when the laptop is very close to the router -  getting full signal bars.

Already removed and update the drivers twice . tried all configurations and power options - still very very low signal reception.

Any ides ?

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 6,518
Message 2 of 33

Re: Yoga 3 pro - WIFI low signal

yuvalt,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums !

Thank you for taking time to post in your inquiry. I can see that you do have a wireless connectivity issue on your Yoga 3 pro. In order for us to provide you the best possible resolution for your issue you need to provide the following information.

1. Windows Operating System 32bit or 64bit system

2. Router information : Brand and Model, does it support wireless B, G & N

3. Check if your bluetooth is turned on.

I hope you can provided these information so that we can look at the issue at hand

Thanks Smiley Happy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
yuvalt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,509
Message 3 of 33

Hy ,

Thank you for your reply,

My OS is WIN 8.1 64 BIT

Using a TP-LINK router model TD-W8951ND   B/G/N

As I can understand , my Bluetooth is turned on (The icon on the notification panel is active)

I have tested 3 diffrent notebooks (ThinkPad Yoga , Toshiba and Dell) with the router - all have strong signal with no problem. Also had the same problem with another D-Link router.

Also run a ping test from the Yoga to router (attached) every time I place my hands in resting position on both side of the touch-pad (which according to manual is also where the antenas are placed) I got request time out. On the attached picture you can see,  every time my hands are placed, request is time out, when taking my hands up - reply resume .

Is it possible its a very bad design placment for hardware or maybe a hardware problem ?

ping.png

wilkster
802.11n
Views: 6,481
Message 4 of 33

There were a number of Y2P owners with similar issues that found their internal antenna was disconnected from the WiFi card inside their laptop, thus the poor reception. In the Y2P the antenna snaps onto the card. You would have to take the back cover off to get to it however.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 6,473
Message 5 of 33

wilkster's solution is definitely a good step.

However, just to make sure, it'd be best to make sure your wireless drivers are up to date.

Does your driver details align with mine?

broadcomm.png

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 6,458
Message 6 of 33

XBrav,

Way to go, yes I do agree with XBrav wilkster. If you can check the screen shot that XBrav provided.

If your software and drivers doesn't match up you can check this link to download the most up to date software and drivers for your Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter.

Please let us know if this can help. Smiley Happy

@ XBrav thanks again Smiley Happy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
yuvalt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,418
Message 7 of 33

Hy 

Sorry for my late reply,

YES I checked the drivers and have the latest drivers (as sugested) , also checked all other version of drivers and sugested configuretions on the web - NO LCUK....

Also i dont think its driver issue - if when on my lap, putting the hands on both sides of the pad block all WIFI signal - it seems like very bad hardware placement and design......

Anyone else with yoga 3 PRO has this kind of WIFI problems ?

As its a brnad new laptop, local Lenovo took the unit for checking ... I guess they will check with 1 meter distance router and will say "all ok" .... but will wait and see.....

Will update soon as i get an answer.

Thanks !

yuvalt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,377
Message 8 of 33

Well,

Lenovo approved my Yoga 3 PRO as DOA due to my WIFI problems.

Got a brand new device - ---> It has the same probelm !!!

Wifi signal is 50% less than every other laptop.

Also, when placed on lap and both hands on the device - no reception.

Is there any Y3P owner that can say that his device WIFI is like all other laptops ? meaning no bad reception and low signal problems???

Talked with Lenovo - said to send also this unit for their lab.

1800$ unit - 1$ quality !

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,349
Message 9 of 33

It probably has the Broadcom card. Broadcom cards do have far less range than Intel cards that are popular on many Lenovo models. Intel also has their issues as well.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
yuvalt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,329
Message 10 of 33

Thank you very much - but is it such a change ??? less then 50% in signal ? 

Also compared to Dell and Toshiba laptops ?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors