Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,508
Message 11 of 33

Re: Yoga 3 pro - WIFI low signal

Sure, I used to have a laptop with Broadcom card on it, and it's always less than 1-2 bars compared to Intel cards. You need to have a high gain external antenna for Broadcom to match the signal that of Intel cards.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
yehudaeldan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,441
Message 12 of 33

I had the same problem. 2.4ghz allmost didnt connect at all unless 2meters from the router, 5ghz did a better job but still funny. after looking with inSSIDer software i've noticed signal lows - that didnt appear on other devices running next to my laptop - I figured it is a hardware problem. i bought a refuebished one in new york and was afraid I wont get warranty in Israel - but i did - as i thought one antenna cable was dittached... its all ok now Smiley Happy - b.t.w - you can attach it by your self - sevral guides have it on the internet - just unscrew the torx screws and attach the mini cables (2 of them).

notgeorge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,432
Message 13 of 33

Hi! 

I went to the link, downloaded the 141 MB Broadcom update, installed, rebooted, and still the driver remains the old one, dated 6-3-2014. Why didn't the new driver install? I ran the driver update, and Windows says it's the latest driver. How can that happen? 

Cheers, NG

@flynnsterGabz wrote:

XBrav,

Way to go, yes I do agree with XBrav wilkster. If you can check the screen shot that XBrav provided.

If your software and drivers doesn't match up you can check this link to download the most up to date software and drivers for your Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter.

Please let us know if this can help. Smiley Happy

@ XBrav thanks again Smiley Happy

notgeorge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,427
Message 14 of 33

PS I retried the installation, same result. The only install options in Broadcom installer are "repair" or "quit". Is this how it's supposed to unfold?
Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 2,407
Message 15 of 33

notogeorge,

Thank you for replying and trying the above solutions, can you please try and turn off the bluetooth on the computer and try and disconnect from the wireless network. After disconnecting try to reconnect on the same wireless network and try to check if the wireless connectivity.

I hope that this solution will work for you.

Cheers & Best Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
notgeorge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,396
Message 16 of 33

Thanks, Gabz! No difference! 

I am still flummoxed as to why the Broadcom install will not update the driver???? I unintalled it, ran the Broadcom update package off the Lenovo site (both of 'em), and no luck. 

Ideas? 

Cheers, 

NG

Guru
Views: 2,387
Message 17 of 33

Maybe its a hardware problem? Loose wires?

Have you tested the hardware?

Once I inserted a new SSD in my laptop and did not connect the Wireless adapter wires tight enough, which led to spikes in Wifi speeds. I am assuming you could be having the same issue even though you havent opened you laptop.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
EngineerBill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,329
Message 18 of 33

I have Yoga 3 Pro, Win 8.1, updated drivers, DLink DIR655 access point with:

• Data Link Protocol
    Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)
  • compliant standards
    IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0), IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED

and with 3 external antennas of which I have tried aiming in all different directions.

I have low WiFi bars 1 and sometimes 2 and disconnects all the time.

If I remove the bottom cover to check the two antenna wires that you talk about, does this void my warranty? Is it very hard to do without wrecking the laptop?

yehudaeldan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,327
Message 19 of 33

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-disassembly/

Looks super easy in the link.

I got mine fixed with warranty...

I guess it can void the warranty but then again they cant know you've
opened it and most warranty labs dont really care..

All you neex is a mini torx screw

I've opened up a few laptops for upgrades before, this one looks the
easiest by far

EngineerBill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,323
Message 20 of 33

Thank you for the link. I will give it a try and post the results. It probably won't be until this weekend though.

The instructions are very detailed and with great photos. It does look fairly simple.

I hope it is just bad wire connections.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors