Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raffi76
Not applicable
Views: 1,829
Message 21 of 33

Re: Yoga 3 pro - WIFI low signal

Hi yuvalt, I'm also in Israel. Did you find a solution? Have you also had problems wit the mouse? Thx
yehudaeldan
Not applicable
Views: 1,826
Message 22 of 33

i've just put it in to warranty and it was fixed.
the antenna was not connected properly as I suspected.

hteslol
Not applicable
Views: 1,821
Message 23 of 33

Does it still lose signal when you have borth hands on the keyboard in typing position after getting it fixed?

raffi76
Not applicable
Views: 1,815
Message 24 of 33

i opened mine and the antenna looked connected properly. does anyone know the phone number to lenovo in Israel? thx

gcoupe
Not applicable
Views: 1,808
Message 25 of 33

@raffi76 wrote:

i opened mine and the antenna looked connected properly. does anyone know the phone number to lenovo in Israel? thx

Israel

1-809-258-990
9:00 - 18:00 Sunday - Thursday
----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

devincite
Not applicable
Views: 1,718
Message 26 of 33

No, the wifi card isn't why the signal sucks when your actually using it. The reason it sucks is because of the antenna placements. Normally the antenna's would be placed in the bezel of the LCD screen. Hands on palmrest = shotty wifi signal at best.

Click here to view image.

Mod's Edit: Image converted to link since it exceeded 100k.

UNHAPPY1
Not applicable
Views: 1,587
Message 27 of 33

Same problem.  My old hp laptop shows 4bars from same location 20 feet away from the router.  i barely get one on the new yoga 3 pro and it keeps disconnecting or freezing.  i have reinstalled the driver several times and unchecked the box to let the computer turn off the driver. i upgraded to windows 10 to see if it would help and downloaded new driver. no luck.  it does freeze less often but it still freezes.  i have gone back to my old hp clunky laptop because it stays connected and does not freeze.

MrUnicorn
Not applicable
Views: 1,459
Message 28 of 33

Ok guys. I know it is a little late but i have now solved the problem completely!

I got my LY3Pro a few days ago and i got the exact same problem...

To solve the problem you have to do the following:

Head to the searchbar (in the left corner of the screen... NOT google Smiley Tongue) and search for device manager --> click the subject (it will bring up a box with a list of devices) --> look for a device named network card (or something like that - im sorry if the translation is not 100 % correct) --> press it and it will let you get acces to a string called "broadcom 802.11ac network adapter" --> double click on  it and it will open up a window --> at the top of the window you will see a folder/fane (sorry bad english) whith the label advanced on it --> now you will see a lot of settings... you have to look for a setting called "IBBS mode" (or omething like that) --> there will be four options now: one called automatic 802.11a/b/g, automatic 802.11a/b/g/n, only 802.11a/b and the last one performance 802.11a/b/g... you have to chose the one called performance 802.11a/b/g ---> hit ok and the network problem is solved...

Sorry for bad english... some of the translations might not be 100 % correct

Mikki1
Not applicable
Views: 1,066
Message 29 of 33

Hi, Thanks I did that and it seems to be helping. Will see if good enough if not will send Yoga to service. How did you figure this out?

golferchick
Not applicable
Views: 861
Message 30 of 33

MrUnicorn,

THANKS!!!!  Immediate and significant improvement!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors