cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pizzadoxxx
Paper Tape
Views: 15,485
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 300-11IBY Touch Screen not working after clean windows 10 install. Please help

Hello guys!

I have been chocking on this problem for 2 days now, to no avail. 

The short story: Tried to do the built in free windows upgrade on the computer (from windows 8.1), but something went wrong, and I ended up in the "Please restart to being the installation of windows 10" loop.

After trying several workarounds, I gave up, and opted for a clean install of the product from a USB drive.

The install went smooth, and most things were working out of the box, but not the touch screen. Then I went to the product page, and downloaded all the drivers there are. Installed every one of them, but still no touch input. 

Tried some troubleshooting tips, like trying to find the driver in the device manager, but it's not present there. So far, I tried everything there was in the first 4 pages of google (with an insane amount of search combinations).

Nothing...

Then I read it, that several other people had this issue, but with an earlier insider build of windows. They said the only solution there was, is to use the built in recovery, but out of routine, with a clean install, I deleted every other partition... not giving a thought something could go wrong.

Now the device has no touch input, and sicne that was one of the main sell points, I'm not too happy about it.

The System window clearly states, that there is no pen or touch input available.

It's a fresh buy, so it's still under warranty, and if nothing else works, I will return it, but I would rather solve it myself.

So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thank you!

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed.

Robertas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,345
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 300-11IBY Touch Screen not working after clean windows 10 install. Please help

Robertas
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,345
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 300-11IBY Touch Screen not working after clean windows 10 install. Please help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors