Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahdok
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 300/500 ALPS touchpad problems.

Hi there.

I recently purchased a Yoga 300 and a Yoga 500, and the laptops are pretty great - everything works pretty well apart from the ALPS touchpad, which frankly, is the worst touchpad I've ever used on a laptop... there's about a 50% chance that any click or movement you input into the thing is not registered...

The ALPS is a mistake, why not stick with a symantec pad? just visiting the ALPS site should set off alarm bells. Broken graphics, garbled english and a disclaimer that they refuse to supply end users with drivers - and that's the entirety of the site.

Honestly, the trackpad on the yoga cripples the device so badly, I'm debating just returning it, and shelling out for a surface or something.

---

What bothers me most is that the lenovo driver supplied with the yoga laptops has multi-touch scrolling, but the scroll direction is reversed to literally every other device on the market. The settings menu for the thing has an option to reverse the scroll direction for horizontal scrolling, but not for vertical scrolling. What gives? To include the feature, but hard-force it to run backwards, and not even offer the option to reverse it? What kind of person does that?

Does anyone have an ALPS driver that would let me set the scrolling direction to the sane direction? It's driving me nuts, and I've spent three days looking for a driver that will work and do what lenovo should have done to start with.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors