07-18-2017

IN

19 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 10

Yoga 300 Keyboard Issues

2017-07-18, 14:59 PM

Im surprised that this thread doesn't exist here but has multiple threads on multiple forums. 

It seems like I'm not the only one whose Yoga 300 keyboard amd trackpad stops workimg suddenly. The only solution seems to put the computer to sleep amd wake it up, but the keyboard and trackpad works for 5 seconds mostly, acter that you are touchpad only. I didn't spil anything on my laptop, didn't instal any new drivers or programs, just the new Windows 10 updates; though I did flip the laptop to tablet form a cpuple of times in the past, but maybe about 5-10 times in total and not at all in the paat 1 month.

Is there any solution to this problem? I browsed through google results, none of them works.

This tapping on the screen is insane!

PS: I've already downloaded the BIOS for my device and updated it. Didn't work.

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 300 Keyboard Issues

2017-07-19, 10:25 AM

Hello AnirudhBhardwaj

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

(If the battery is internal, please just skip the remove/replace battery steps.)
1. Turn the unit off
2. Remove the battery and the Mains adapter
3. Press and hold the front power button for 30 seconds
4. Replace the battery and the Mains adapter
5. Turn the unit on as normal

Also, Try to download the Chipset drivers for the unit from the support page.

Make sure to reboot after an update on the unit.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

4 Posts

07-18-2017

IN

19 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 3 of 10

2017-07-20, 11:27 AM

Hi Krakken,

I tried both the measures but it didn't help. Putting the laptop on sleep and waking it or restartimg seems to do the job but only for a few minutes before the keyboard and the touchpad becomes unresponsive again. 

I reset my windows 10 even and that too didn't help.

Is there any other solution? i read it on one of the forums that there might be a glitch in one of the sensors that detect if it's laptop mode or tablet mode and thus disables the keyboard. Can that be it? Even after resetting the windows? Im shooting in the dark here though. Please tell me there's a solution for this!

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 4 of 10

2017-07-20, 12:06 PM

Unfortunately, if the issue persists after a reset, then it would likely indicate a hardware fault.

Was it a factory reset? If not, then attempt a factory reset on the unit, this would be the best to to rule out any software issues with it.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2018

IL

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 5 of 10

2018-09-16, 19:48 PM

I think that the poblem manifests  itself differently with different users.
I am running windows 10.

My keyboard & touchpad behaved similarly to described here after a windows update.  Couldn't figure it out.  Two updates later it righted itself. Now, when waking up from sleep mode the keyboard and touchpad are disconnected.  A restart fixes the problem.

How annoying!!!

Options

1 Posts

02-17-2019

GB

4 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 6 of 10

2019-02-17, 11:11 AM
I have the same problem. It’s a nightmare. As this is my work laptop. Would love to find a solution
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2018

IL

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 7 of 10

2019-02-17, 14:06 PM

I gave up.  After decades of being an IBM and then Lenovo fan and user, I gave up - threw away my Lenovo and bought a Dell.  An expensive solution, but better for my nerves and health.

Options

2 Posts

08-28-2019

GB

10 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2019-08-28, 3:12 AM

Got driven slightly insane with this issue.

This issue occured after Windows 10 Updates.

Mouse does not work, Keyboard does not work. EXCEPT the Brightness up/down and other "FN" type keys. 

I've traced the issue down to a Mouse "ELAN" driver. Once this driver is uninstalled and the computer restarted, the laptop behaved itself...

.. temporarily. 

now my mouse and keyboard appear as "PS/2" devices (no mention of ELAN) but still doesn't work.

If anyone has some advice, would be apprecaited. Otherwise throwing this laptop out. 

Options

2 Posts

08-28-2019

GB

10 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2019-08-28, 3:16 AM

To add that the mouse seems to work for a second or two, then Windows seems to load something and it stops working.

Edit: Keyboard works in BIOS

Edit 2: Keyboard didn't work in bios once I preseed FN+ F10/f11/f12 keys. The keyboard worked to get me to the boot menu, then stopped working. So wierd... So it's not Windows based at all. 

It was working yesterday then I plugged the charger in, and it stopped working. So maybe it's the battery/ Charger.

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 10 of 10

Re:Yoga 300 Keyboard Issues

2020-09-11, 18:13 PM

I am having the same problem and did try updating everything..nothing happened..keyboard and mousepad doesnt work at all even in boot menu and it keeps restarting after few sec or min.. any solution achieved by anyone?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete