10-02-2017 06:20 PM
Hi guys. I bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 10 months ago and it was working great until about a month ago. It now takes around 20 minutes to boot (either from standby or off), it's so SLOW! Once it's on it also takes around 10 minutes to open any Office application or to use anything on the Windows menu. Once applications are open they run absolutely fine. I also don't have any problems at all using Chrome. I switched from AVG to Avast around 2 months ago and wonder if this might have something to do with it? Any help would be appreciated, happy to do a factory reset or something similar as I don't have any files on the computer, all stored on a external drive.
10-03-2017 06:56 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try to run an LSC scan, see if this is able to find any issues for you at all.
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.