Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galdanaboy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,106
Message 1 of 18

Yoga 300 where is the 32GB SSD?

Hi there,

I want to change the original 32GB SSD with a much bigger one. But where is the SSD? I see the HD-"slot" but there is nothing. No SSD.

Thanks for helping hands

kind regards

Horst

Pauer
Paper Tape
Views: 9,046
Message 2 of 18

Re: Yoga 300 where is the 32GB SSD?

I have the same problem, I think that hd is emmc, no ssd. In the manual I see hd ssd with their conexions, I think that if we will have this conections and supports we will can put a new hard disk ssd
schwutke
What's DOS?
Views: 9,038
Message 3 of 18

I have a similar issue and am unable to locate the 16GB ssd associated with my hard drive. Where is it? The seller assure me I do have a hybrid drive but ist does not show on the hard drive properties or control panel

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 9,036
Message 4 of 18

What model laptop do you have?

If it's an actual hybrid drive the cache SSD is part of the HDD.  It's managed by the HDDs internal firmware and is not externally visible.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Galdanaboy1
Paper Tape
Views: 9,015
Message 5 of 18

The Laptop Model is, in my case: YOGA 300 11iby

By the way,
a "normal" Reply is not possible, because I can't log in any more...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 9,005
Message 6 of 18

Hello both,

It would also help to have the MT-M of each machine (10 numerals and letters) to try to track down the exact specifications.

schwutke  I suspect you have a hybrid drive as suggested above where the SSD is incorporated in the drive.

Galdanaboy  my guess (and it's just a guess at this point) is that your model has an eMMC drive that's soldered to the mainboard.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - Yoga 300-11IBY, Yoga 300-11IBR

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Galdanaboy1
Paper Tape
Views: 9,001
Message 7 of 18

Hola Zoltanthegypsy,
Thanks for that weekend-work Smiley Happy with your answer
Here i the number: MTM: 80M00061GE
if you are right, I can properly litter that YOGO, because with just 32GB of "HDD" I have no chande to do any Update and of course No chance for an Upgrade to Win-10 Smiley Sad((
There is (for me) still the question open, where can I get that connection-cable from a HDD/SSD to the slot? Waiting for an answer from the german "Support" since last week for that and other questions so far. Maybe better I buy that (WHERE???) in the US?
Galdanaboy1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,998
Message 8 of 18

Hola Zoltanthegypsy,

forgot to thank you for the handbook link. I've had that before but could not find out, about the possible eMMC. Maybe a translation problem Smiley Wink
schwutke
What's DOS?
Views: 8,994
Message 9 of 18

Hello zoltanthegypsy ,

Thank you for your analysis. You are right, I have a hybrid drive and am unable to see the 16GB SSD. But machuine is working fine.
wolverine_71
What's DOS?
Views: 8,708
Message 10 of 18

hi all,

can you confirm me that i can have both drives in the thinkpad, or rather emmc 32Gb drive and 2.5" drive,

since slot in the notebook is an addon to improve archiving space?

is there a compatibility problem with mechanic HDD, considering that i've an 7200 rpm HD 2,5", and i want

insert it in?

thanks a lot for the answer: it's important for me, 'cause i'll buy it only if it's possible.

see you soon,

carlo. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors