Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lebert32
What's DOS?
Views: 384
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 380 - USBC Dock Issues

First, I use multiple monitors.  I found that I cannot use 3.  The 3rd monitor could never get a resolution smaller then 800x600 or 1024x768.  I also found that the monitors would often flash during startup, redocking or signing out.  Often taking several(legit) minutes to come back to life.  I am now down to two monitors and I still get the issue on my 2nd(Windows display would show it as being displayed but it could not detect or identify until it does after umpteen min).  I have tried 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds501902

Second, I am having issues with sound only coming out of one Epson speaker.  I have tried yoga 380 drivers for audio but no success.  Also ran the troubleshooter but it comes back as Generic Audio Driver Detected but get the yellow exclamation mark.  It cannot fix the issue.

We are deploying 96 of these in a few short weeks(attached to smart boards via VGA--> Display) and using the VGA connection for the monitor, and looking for solutions.  I would like to get my system functional and proper before we need to run around and make too many adjustments.

Anyone run into similar problems?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 341
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 380 - USBC Dock Issues

Hi lebert32,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Just to confirm do you have the Thinkpad X380 Yoga laptop? If yes, based on this article it can only supports three independent display including the LCD screen of your laptop. Have you tried connecting an external monitor directly to the laptop just to isolate the issue with the docking station that you're using. Otherwise, kindly give us the exact MTM so we can check the exact model of your laptop.

With regards to your audio issue, can you give us more details about the speaker setup that you have and if you're using third party accessories to connect multiple speakers. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors