09-11-2020

TR

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 1

Yoga 500 14 died after a screen glitch

2020-09-11, 13:32 PM

Hi everyone, I was playing Crusader Kings 2 on my Lenovo Yoga 500 14 (5th or 6th gen i5, 4gb ram, 2gb Nvidia geforce 920M), and as far as I know it’s not that much of a performance demanding game since it ran quite well automatically on high settings. It was after almost 45 mins into the game, I wanted to pass my pc to my friend. I held it from the right side of the bottom part, lifted it and placed it back down. But when I placed it down, the screen glitched with many rectangular shapes that had random colours in them. After a second or so the screen went black but it was still back-it and the pc was still running. I waited for it to recover but it didn’t. I tried to launch the task manager but nothing came up. Nothing was there except for the black screen. So I hold down the power button and forced shut my pc down. After 5 mins, I turned it on and saw the lenovo logo on the screen like normal, only to be followed by the instant death of my pc at that same moment. It shut down itself and never turned on again. Now, when I plug the charger even the LED indicator doesn’t light up. I’ve tried many things, removed the battery, held down on the power button for many minutes to get rid of the residue power, connected the battery back but it didn’t work. I have no idea what happened. My only guess is that my graphics card died, but i don’t know whether it’s the onboard intel one or the Nvidia one. I also don’t know if a dead graphics card can cause such an issue. My pc was extremely well and never had any other issues before. It was running flawlessly like it did when I bought it on 2015. I know it’s an old pc now but I want to keep it running even if I get a new pc. Any idea what went wrong and how to fix it?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete