FR

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 500-14 freeze and power button not working

2017-06-01, 10:18 AM

Hi everyone, 

It has been like 3months since my power button had stoped working so since that time i switch on my yoga 500 with the Novo button (right next to the power button) and it worked pretty well. But yesterday i wanted to dowload a software (to dim the blue light from the.screen) and I needed to restart the computer, I clicked on RESTART then (I had some windows open) but it froze sudenly. I couldnt do anything so I waited all night so that it could switch off by itself but this morning it s exactly the same: grey screen with the mouse but nothing is moving, the keys dont work either. I ,of course tried to press the Novo button as usual but it doesnt work and also I dont want to press it too long cause I dont want to reset my computer at all. 

Can you help me? 

Thanks in Advance

Options

3811 Posts

12-24-2015

IN

2177 Signins

71411 Page Views

• Views: 71411
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 500-14 freeze and power button not working

2017-06-02, 7:20 AM

Hi, Victoule –

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

You can also start by flushing out all static, remove battery and AC adaptor and hold down power button for about 15 seconds.

Run a few tests from this link -

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/tools

You should try Storage test, memory test, motherboard test, CPU test. Open Command prompt and try sfc /scannow to check if your windows files are corrupted.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,         

Tap that kudos button if I helped 
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete