04-22-2016 01:51 PM
I bought Lenovo Yoga 500 14" IBD (80N4) last month. The laptop came with Windows 8. I upgraded it to windows 10. Everything was working fine for 20 days. But now the USB 2.0 port near the charging port is not working properly. Whatever may be the connected devices, the error shown is, "USB device not recognized".
I tried uninstal/reinstall/update device driver in device manager. But there is no improvement. How can it be solved?
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-22-2016 02:35 PM
Hi govwin ,
Welcome to the Community Forums.
You can try to follow this basic trouble shooting guide for USB failure.
Update us how things go.
08-13-2016 05:11 AM
Hi, I restored the OS and tried. Then I again upgraded to Windows 10 and tried. None of the solutions worked. In the device manager, Code 43 error is shown. I have attached the screenshot.
08-13-2016 11:11 PM
Moderator comment: Bumping more frequently than 3 days unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards. Bumping post(s) removed.
10-08-2016 05:28 PM
I will explain how the problem was solved.
It was a hardware problem which was fixed by the Lenovo/Medion service as per warranty.
Note: I live in Germany and the laptop was bought in Germany.
How I went through the process:
1. In http://www.lenovo.com/de/de/ at the bottom of the page, SUPPORT -> Support
2. Detect My Product. Install/accept detection software.
3. Product is detected and the page shows your product.
4. There will be several tabs (Product home, drivers & softwares, ......., ......., Contact Us) below product details. Click on 'Contact Us' tab. It shows warranty details and Recommended support options for your product. Here you can choose either 'E-mail support' or 'Give me a call' option for direct support from Lenovo.
5. I chose 'E-mail support' and sent screenshot the error message on device manager and explained the problem.
6. Within a day I got an Email with prepaid DHL coupon to send the laptop to Medion service shop.
7. Sent it to the service shop using prepaid coupon sent in the E-mail.
8. They had it for 4 to 5 days + 4 holidays (non working days). They repaired the USB port and HDD was restored to factory.
9. Got it as DHL packet.
10. It's up and running with all USB ports functional.
spidey101, thanks for your efforts in trying to help me.