Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
govwin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 646
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500-14IBD Touch Screen not working often after reboot

In my Yoga 500-14IBD, Touch screen not working often after reboot. The laptop was on Windows 10 for almost an year without this problem. This problem initially started couple of months ago. I looked up on device manager and saw one USB device with error "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" as show in the attached picture. I did a right click on it and uninstalled it, refreshed device manager and the touch screen started working. But again after few reboots, the same problem occurred. What is the solution? 

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 634
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500-14IBD Touch Screen not working often after reboot

Have you tried to do factory reset via OneKey Recovery?
govwin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 629
Message 3 of 4

First I did reset the OS to fresh Windows 10 through its recovery option and the problem persisted. Now, I have done factory reset using Novo button, that is, to Windows 8.1. It's been 4 days without this incident in Windows 8.1. I'm waiting to see if the problem repeats in Windows 8.1. But really I want a solution for Windows 10.

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 601
Message 4 of 4

Maybe now when you upgrade to Windows 10 it would be fine.

If not, download updated drivers after upgrade to Windows 10 from http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ (you must type your serial number) for all the devices in your machine, especially important are chipset driver and Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver. But better will be if you update all the drivers, because probably version distributed with your notebook are too old for Windows 10 (they are built in for Windows 8.1).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors