Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
govwin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,294
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500 - 14IBD USB 3.0 Always On USB not working

In my Lenovo Yoga 500 - 14IBD laptop, there are two USB 3.0 ports. Both ports were capable of "Always On USB" feature when I bought the laptop. Now only one USB port is on when the laptop is off. "Always On USB"  feature in one of the two USB 3.0 ports is broken. Any solution? I have already reset the OS to factory. In BIOS, the feature is ON.

Highlighted
przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 1,285
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500 - 14IBD USB 3.0 Always On USB not working

I have Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK and only one port is labeled with Always-On icon (little battery icon).
govwin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,282
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. The same in my case. I guess I forgot this icon. Mine also has only one USB port with battery icon.
Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 1,218
Message 4 of 4

My Lenovo Yoga 3 11 does not have this always on USB feature.

When I bought the laptop, it came with Windows 8 and sleep would cut power to all USB ports.

At some point in time with Windows 10, sleep wasn't cutting power to the USB ports. This didn't mean that my Lenovo Yoga 3 11 had somehow developed the hardware feature of always on, it meant that sleep was not functioning correctly, and although the laptop appeared to be sleeping (flashing power button), the battery would drain faster even without anything connected to the USB ports.

My had laptop had suffered with this issue for a long time, until about a couple of weeks ago, when it would seem that either a Windows 10 update or a Lenovo Compaion/Vantage update cured the issue, and now my laptop sleeps deeply such that battery life charge loss is slow, and USBs are not supplying any power. I have a USB fan connected to my laptop and I no longer need to disconnect it after sleeping my laptop. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors