Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YogaKing1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,142
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 500 14ISK Bios Update Problem

‎My computer model is Yoga 500 14ISK. 11 April 2018, Lenovo announced a new BIOS update for this kind of YOGA series laptop.

Here is the following lenovo support link explain what was the problem and information about BIOS update:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/tr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-500-15isk/download...

But the problem is when I try to update new BIOS vesion the system gave me this error:

------

Error: not enough battery life. Current: 0, threshold: 30

ERROR 220 - Failed at power status check! Status = 223.

-----

What I understand is, because of my battery has %0 charge and I need at least %30 charge for BIOS update, system is not updating BIOS version.

Before you suggest that my battery is not removable and I cannot reach unless if I remove all laptop. And also I cannot charge the battery because it is not possible for some technical issues.

So where I stand is and main question that; how can update new BIOS version while I have %0 charge without any error.

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,124
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 14ISK Bios Update Problem

First, do you have an issue the BIOS update will resolve? If not, there's no real need to update. 

Second, the battery life requirement is necessary. Were the AC power to fail in the middle of updating the BIOS, it's possible the computer would be bricked. You don't want that. That's why the BIOS update routine looks for enough battery capacity to complete the flashing. It's also why you get the "do not turn off your computer" warning while it's updating.

I'd highly recommend replacing the battery if you can or solving whatever issues are preventing it from charging. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
YogaKing1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,109
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 14ISK Bios Update Problem

Actually, I only shared only a part of my problem, because my previous post much more detailed and no one couldn't solve my problem. Here is my previous post:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-500-14ISK-Battery-not-Charging-and-Bi...

This post explains all my problems, and process that I passed. Where I stand is there are two solution:

1. I will find a way to update bios without battery charge (%0) or

2. I will give the laptop to technical service which in phone the man said it will cause almost equal to laptop price to repair laptop.(which is I think I buy new laptop instead dealing the repair this one.)

I'm open the any suggestion that solve my problem.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors