Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrison_hm
What's DOS?
Views: 549
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 500-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Machine Type 80R5 - WIFI ADAPTER DISAPPEARS

Hi,

I recently bought a Yoga 500-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Machine Type 80R5 and have used it extremely rarely. I would say I've used it at a maximum of 30-40 hours.

I have had some problems with the laptop but nothing that made it completely un-usable until now. On turning on the machine, the network wireless adapter acts strangely, often showing the airplane mode symbol in the task bar. I may or may not be able to connect to my Wifi network but less than 2 minutes later the entire Wifi adapter disappears from the OS, no longer having Wifi settings or being able to configure the Adapter via device manager.

I've been told a fix for this may be turning the wireless off and on again via the BIOS but I can't figure out how I access it, considering the first screen I see is the loading symbol for Windows 10.

Anyone got any advice?

Harrison

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 532
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 500-14ISK Laptop (ideapad) - Machine Type 80R5 - WIFI ADAPTER DISAPPEARS

Hello and welcome,

There should be several ways to get there.  You can start the laptop via the Novo button instead of the power button.  See page 13 of  (English) User Guide - Yoga 500-14ISK, Yoga 500-15ISK

It's a good idea to do a full shutdown (SHIFT+shutdown) from within Windows before making BIOS changes via the Novo button.

You can also end up there from a running Windows 8.x or 10:  http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors