Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byemrey
Paper Tape
Views: 3,362
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500 14ISK plugged in not charging

Hi everyone.I have a yoga 500 14isk. My laptop is well but i think i have a problem. I charged my battery fully after that i start using but i didnt take off the charger. Then i realized that the bettery level is going down to %98. But the  charger was plugged in. I see this eror when you charged fully and start the using about anything,programming,gaming,whatching movie.... I went to warranty for this issue and they changed the battery. But i think this problems source is windows 10. If i take off the charger and contunie the using laptop,when battery level is comes under the %90,i am pluging in again and the battery start charging again.So that i can see the battery level is %100.İf you see this eror,firstly go to warranty shop.I will use my laptop  a little time and if i see this eror again,i will go to service again.

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 3,335
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500 14ISK plugged in not charging

Actually this is fine. Thas is the way it should work.

Your battery life is calculated in charging-decharging cycles. Imaging that if the charger went on after dropping from 100% to 99% and charged your battery again to 100%...and then it goes off and the level drops again to 99% and then again...the charger is on to charge it fully to 100%, this costs a lot of more cycles that dropping to lets say 96-97%. This causes less wear to the battery

byemrey
Paper Tape
Views: 3,327
Message 3 of 4

Thank you my friend.

robnicholson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,314
Message 4 of 4

This is a common problem with laptops and Windows 10 and it's a "problem" with Windows 10. I support the same make and the "plugged in not charging" is common. Personally I have an HP laptop and that has similar problems. The forums all over are full of similar posts.
Top Kudoed Authors