Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
byemrey
Paper Tape
Views: 3,652
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500 14ISK plugged in not charging

Hi everyone.I have a yoga 500 14isk. My laptop is well but i think i have a problem. I charged my battery fully after that i start using but i didnt take off the charger. Then i realized that the bettery level is going down to %98. But the  charger was plugged in. I see this eror when you charged fully and start the using about anything,programming,gaming,whatching movie.... I went to warranty for this issue and they changed the battery. But i think this problems source is windows 10. If i take off the charger and contunie the using laptop,when battery level is comes under the %90,i am pluging in again and the battery start charging again.So that i can see the battery level is %100.İf you see this eror,firstly go to warranty shop.I will use my laptop  a little time and if i see this eror again,i will go to service again.

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 3,625
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500 14ISK plugged in not charging

Actually this is fine. Thas is the way it should work.

Your battery life is calculated in charging-decharging cycles. Imaging that if the charger went on after dropping from 100% to 99% and charged your battery again to 100%...and then it goes off and the level drops again to 99% and then again...the charger is on to charge it fully to 100%, this costs a lot of more cycles that dropping to lets say 96-97%. This causes less wear to the battery

byemrey
Paper Tape
Views: 3,617
Message 3 of 4

Thank you my friend.

robnicholson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,604
Message 4 of 4

This is a common problem with laptops and Windows 10 and it's a "problem" with Windows 10. I support the same make and the "plugged in not charging" is common. Personally I have an HP laptop and that has similar problems. The forums all over are full of similar posts.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors