Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MostafaMahmoud8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 938
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 500 14ibd flight mode key not working

Hello all,

I have a Lenovo yoga 500 14IBD. It came with windows 8.1 and I upgraded to windows 10.

My problem was that flight mode key didn't work after the upgrade and I had a look on Lenovo website and found a recommendation to install power management drivers for windows 10. So I searched for these and found the ones in this link 

http://support.lenovo.com/de/en/downloads/migr-4gxpeg

I didn't see my device as supported ! however I thought I give it a try (have already tried resetting the system about 8 times and updating all drivers and so on). I installed this Power management and voila the flight key works !! 

However, when the laptop comes from sleep, It stops working ! so I tried reinstalling and so on. Long story short, after a lot of experimenting I found what seems to be the reason

If I turn on my laptop with the charger plugged in, flight key doesn't work !! 

and I have to restart and remove charger, same thing goes for walking from sleep mode! 

Also there's this Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) sometimes it is showing as unknow driver, sometimes it is OK (depends on it's mode). 

Any help, I already tried Lenovo support as the laptop is in guarantee (I have since a month or so) and they offered to take it in and repair it for charges (they think it is a virus) 

any help would be appreciated as I need to use the laptop for work and sending it to repair is quite a hassle.

MostafaMahmoud8
Fanfold Paper
Views: 897
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 14ibd flight mode key not working

Update : 

I found out that the flight mode key works only if I start my laptop without the AC cable or wake up from either sleep or hibernation.

Any ideas why connecting the AC cable before starting the laptop stops the service that makes the flight mode key work?! 

or How to fix it!?

Best

Mostafa

SN3
Paper Tape
Views: 652
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 14ibd flight mode key not working

Hi, I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon with exactly the same problem, i.e. the flight mode key is not working (Mostafa thanks for the trix of starting without the AC cable, it works). Anyone have a solution (other than starting without AC cable)?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors