Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michvi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,379
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 500 15ISK - Lenovo Ltd. driver update for Lenovo System Firware V 001

Hello everyone,

yesterday, 9.4.2016, windows update installed update with this name "Lenovo Ltd. driver update for Lenovo System Firmaware V 001". The problem is, that after that, my keyboard started to "stuck" at Mechwarrior game (do not even have to be in game, login screen is enough and if I alt+tab, it is stucking in windows too). Every half a second there is slight pause, whene the pressed key is stucked for a few moments and if no key is pressed, than you cannot press key for a few moments. It is quite annoying. I updated keyboard drivers but to no help. I wanted to uninstall that Lenovo update, but there is not an option to do so, unlikely other windows updates.

My question is following, anyone knows, what that update was about? What firmware was updated? In device manager system firmware version is still unchanged for half a year. And I was unable to find anything about it over the internet. Also, since I have no idea what was updated, I cannot revert to older version.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

Edit: Forgot to mention my notebook is Yoga 500, 15-ISK.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 1,342
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Ltd. driver update for Lenovo System Firware V 001

Michvi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,322
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for response. Hopefuly it will be resolved soon. Interestingly though, no update in lenovo support software page, so the only way to update is through windows update...

Michvi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,273
Message 4 of 14

So, update, since my problems persist. Found out that if I open movie in default viewer (not media player), the same issue with keyboard happens. As soon as I close that video player down, all is fine. Lenovo Support told me, that technicians dont know anything about that update, nor they knew that there was any BIOS update. So they told me, they have to contact HQ and send me email, as soon as they get response. Wonder when that will be...no old BIOS version for my yoga avaliable. So as long as I dont listen to music, watch videos or play games, all is fine...

Brainiac7
Paper Tape
Views: 1,196
Message 5 of 14

can you please give me an update if you get to know more?

I'm also having issues since that update: black screen after standby mode, always have to shut down my yoga completely to be able to use it again.

I hope it gets solved soon, a laptop without standby mode is ridiculous.

Michvi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,184
Message 6 of 14

Well, I do not have any reply yet, surprise surprise. It takes them ages to write a message...but I found some interesting thing. When I go into sleep or hibernation, after waking up, no problem with keyboard anywhere. There is maybe only small hint of freezing keys, but very small. On the other hand, wifi is not working after waking up, so I have to disconnect it and connect again. But that was even before bios update. But this will not help with your issue I am afraid.

I doubt I will get answer from Lenovo any time soon, meaning maybe in two weeks I will get generic message or something like that which will be of absolutely no help...

Amny
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 7 of 14

Re: Yoga 500 15ISK - Lenovo Ltd. driver update for Lenovo System Firware V 001

Hey, I had this update too! (got micro heart attack when laptop started beeping while I was in another room...)

For me there are almost no problems after update except for random wakeups from sleep with nothing connected to it - no usb peripherals (ofcourse while it's closed). 

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 1,124
Message 8 of 14

The BIOS update caused the microstutter on all input methods for me too! whether it's by the touch screen or the keyboard - there's a microlag every 5 seconds. Very annoying, any ideas?
MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 1,120
Message 9 of 14

It seems I've found a solution that is working for me at the moment for the microlag issue. It's caused by the Realtek Audio Control panel (another useless piece of outdated software). As soon as I closed RavCpl64.exe the problem went away. To solve this - go to task manager and disable the "Realtek Audio Control Panel" entry. LEAVE the "HD Audio Background Process" (RavBg64.exe) processes ENABLED (ALL THREE). This lets you get the Dolby Panel and all audio settings work nromally just you won't see the Realtek control panel. It does however solve my stuttering issue.

chapapak
Token Ring
Views: 1,075
Message 10 of 14

Go to device manager and click search online to update realtek audio driver

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors