Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyanshubajaj8
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500 - Fan noice

Hi,

I have just purchased a Yoga 500 notebook. The fan keeps running at full speeds even when ideal. I checked the CPU temperature in Lenovo settings and it is never more than 35 °C, memory in use less than 30%. The fan sometimes stops or works at lower levels sometimes for a very short while, but then starts swirling at full speeds again. It is quite annoying and disturbing.

Is there a solution to this?

Guru
Views: 640
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500 - Fan noice

Have you attempted to contact technical support to check if the behavior is normal? Your fan may be faulty, ask for a replacement of the fan. If the problem still persists try to find other people in the forums with the same complaint and click 'I have this problem too', this will raise awareness with the moderators and staff.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

priyanshubajaj8
Paper Tape
Views: 636
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Yes, I contacted Lenovo support and the problem has been solved. They sent me a link to update the BIOS driver which seems to have worked. It is working fine now. Here is the link, if someone else is facing the same issue:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-500-15ibd/downloads/D...

Cheers..

Moderator comment: Link fixed. Solution marked. Thanks for sharing it.

Sabdealbo
What's DOS?
Views: 309
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my yoga 500 i7 ssd memory card and 8 gm ram.

The fan started after a year and it is loud. The fan does not stop and the laptop makes squiky noise inside when the fan actually stops running sometimes.

I took it to the shop they changed something regarding the cooling system, however, I just got it back today and the laptop is loud and same noise is heard.

If you are looking to buy a laptop,,,, stay away from lenovo...... not even a year and there are plroblems.

Now I have to go back for second time to bring it to the store and wait another two weeks for repair "REPAIR"

I am so mad.... I should have gone with DeLL

anyway

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors