Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faysal_Ahmad
Paper Tape
Views: 1,243
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 500 - Help - Graphics Card Upgrade

Hi there, im currently using a Lenovo Yoga 500 (laptop) which is rocking an 8gb intel core i5 ram and ,sadly, an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520... i find that the graphics card really bottlenecks the laptop's potential when gaming, and have found that its high time to replace the graphics card with something better.

My question is: is it safe for me replace my graphics card, and what card shall i go for? how easy will it be? i have lots of questions, would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Moderator comment: New post created. Subject edited to add model for clarity.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,220
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 500 - Help - Graphics Card Upgrade

Good day and welcome to the community.

Intel HD Graphics 520 support is integrated into the CPU chipset. There is no discrete GPU or removable graphics card to upgrade on this machine.

Looking at one of the Yoga 500 hardware manuals: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga_500-14isk_500-15isk_hmm_201509.pdf there appear to be system boards that offered discrete graphics (still soldered), so your only option would be a full system board swap.

Hope this helps to clarify.
Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors