Options

8 Posts

04-10-2016

IL

16 Signins

136 Page Views

• Views: 136
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 500 ISK Doesn't wake up from sleep properly - HELP!

2016-04-10, 4:49 AM

My Yoga 500 ISK would sometimes not wake up from sleep.

I mean, I can see the computer is working, I can hear it, but the screen is black and unresponsive.

What happens is that I either leave it on and it goes to sleep on its own within 15 mins, or put it to sleep via start>power>sleep - it doesn't matter. Sometimes I press the power button and it wakes up fine, but sometime I get the black screen.

My computer is up to date on the latest BIOS update (from today), Both Intel and nVidia graphics drivers are up to date, and in my power settings, my hard drive is set to not turn off ever.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem??

Options

3 Posts

04-11-2016

UK

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 500 ISK Doesn't wake up from sleep properly - HELP!

2016-04-11, 21:31 PM

Hi there, I own the same model and I believe I have the same issue. Also I find booting up to be painfully slow. It gives me so much Apple Mac envy. I am almost certain the issue is with regard to the HDD itself, the WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB. It is used in many of the new-ish lenovo laptops including the Y50 touchscreen gaming computer. Many customers have complained about the SSHD, google that long model and you'll see loads of complaints on forums. I intend to open up my Yoga 500 ISK and replace the SSHD with what should be in there - an SSD. I shall let you know how I get on!

Harry

Options

8 Posts

04-10-2016

IL

16 Signins

136 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2016-04-12, 5:34 AM

Hey,

I would recommend taking it to a licensed warranty lab and have them do it, since opening it up yourself voids it. I am also considering upgrading the hard drive. Let me know how it pans out.

Good lucK!

Options

3 Posts

04-11-2016

UK

3 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 4 of 6

2016-04-13, 19:55 PM

Hi there,

I went ahead and put in a 240GB SSD, it has made the whole world of difference. It boots up, wakes up and just perfoms so much better. I can live with losing over 700GB of space for not wanting to have to throw my laptop out the window whenever I lift the lid and wait hours for it to catch up.

I wasn't bothered about voiding any warranty to be honest.

Harry

Options

8 Posts

04-10-2016

IL

16 Signins

136 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2016-04-14, 6:30 AM

Hey, thanks for the update!

Glad to hear your computer works great now!

I think I will wait a few months until SSDs are a bit cheaper (Tech news sites say prices are gradually going down and within a year or so will catch up on HDD prices).

I downloaded some drivers from the lenovo support site, something to do with power management or something like that, and it hasn't happened since. Even though to be honest, I have barely used the computer in the past few days so it's too early to tell. If I see the problem went away for good, I'll comment in a week or two the steps I took so others can try and fix their problem.

It's annoying many people have this problem and Microsoft and Lenovo just sweep it under the rug, completely ignoring it.

Options

4 Posts

04-09-2016

NA

2 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 6 of 6

2016-04-16, 19:47 PM

Hi All,

I had also bought the Yoga 500 i7 (14ISK), had same issue of closing the lid sending to sleep.

What I found was that when I booted the machine first time its BIOS was updated from DC25WW to DC27WW which created all the issue. I some how found same machine with older BIOS which was working pefrectly fine.

So I suggest go to below link download and install the latest BIOS i.e. DC28WW as it has resolved my problem

http://support.lenovo.com/ae/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/300s-14isk/downloads/ds105316

Please have a look at the supported system in list from above link, or else try finding the BIOS for your laptop model.

Hope this helps everyone.

Regards,

Mahesh

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save