Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exceed023
Paper Tape
Views: 3,228
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 500 - Problems with running Windows 10

HI,

So i recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK (Modl 80R5003HUK) from a local retailer, and although i have no issues with the machine itself in terms of using it, i have issues with the machine running Windows 10, especiall after checking Lenovo's list of supported Windows 10 machines only to find my machine to not be on this list.( https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/ht103535

)

Main issues i have with the OS is the speed at which everything seems to run on the OS, as well as screen jitters when performing actions which should not cause screen jitter such as basic browsing or just moving the mouse across the screen. I have tried installin the most up to date versions of the drivers for the video card and the chipset. I would also like to note that i purchased the same Yoga from the same retailer before and had to return it the day after due to discovering the audio jack didnt recognise devices and was told it should be written off as a problem with the machine not running windows 10 well.

Is there any solutions anyone can offer me in regards to fixing this? Also, is there any way a warranty could cover the return of the laptop to get one that is actually supported with the operating system it is running on. I would also like to note that the option to downgrade to an earlier build of windows (7 or 8) is no longer available.

Thanks.

Tomas-CZ
Punch Card
Views: 3,180
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 500 - Problems with running Windows 10

Hi, I have YOGA 500-15ISK. (i7-6500U / 8GB DDR3 / SSD 256GB / nVidia 940M).

For the first time with my laptop, I had some performance issues after completion all win10 updates (mouse lags, slow restart time, varying system response and speed), so I decided to format all partitions (save some hdd space from these oversized recovery and driver partitions) and instal fresh win10 + with driver booster software I updated all drivers (win 10 don't update all drivers to lastest). And after that I don't have any performance issues (only my ears are bleeding because of cpu fan is very noisy - but it's all yogas issue). 

Before visiting your retailer, you can try clean instal. (I think system reinstall can't affect warranty, but I'm not 100% sure.)

In my country we can return goods up 14 days after sale, but after 14 days you must have proper reason to return your laptop, so it mostly depends on your retailer if will accept your performance issues as real deal.. maybe they will send it to lenovo service center and you will have to wait one month and after that they will return your old laptop with reinstalled system.. or maybe you have some real hw problem and they will repair it or replace it with new piece..

Tomas

Jacqui12
What's DOS?
Views: 2,684
Message 3 of 7

I purchased a Lenovo 500 Acl using an ADM processor. It was sold with Windows 10 installed in The Netherlands. After using it 4 times, the pointer was jerky and uncontrollable. The touchscreen could not be used properly. I contacted Lenovo support and they told me to reset it. It then worked for another 4 or 5 times and then the pointer started to be jerky again. The laptop was slow and unresponsive. I reset it again. This pattern kept recurring then just two days ago the laptop failed to reset and then did not startup at all. Just got Lenovo on screen and nothing else. I had to use a paperclip to press the reset button and reinstall Windows 10 from a USB stick. I am very annoyed as I purchased the PC with Windows 10 installed and now after reading your forum question and seeing the Lenovo list of devices, it appears the Lenovo 500 Yoga series cannot run on Windows 10. I have had the laptop for 2 months. I am of mind to return it as it was purchased and stated in the specifications that the operating system was Windows 10. And from my experience it does not run properly at all with Windows 10.

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 2,666
Message 4 of 7

Hi there, I have a Yoga 500-14ISK which also came preloaded with Windows 10 - and a bunch of issues.

I had jerky mouse issues, random display driver crashes and failures to come out of sleep. My initial idea is that the Skylake SKUs (Intel Core 6xxx) chipsets and Lenovo drivers aren't playing nicely with Windows 10.

Here's how I fixed my jerky mouse issue - disable the Realtek Audio control panel from both startup and in services. Do this for RavCPL.exe and RavCPL64 but NOT RavBg64.exe. This won't affect your audio and it will still let you use Dolby AND it solves the mouse glitching issues.

See this image for what to disable and what to keep on

If you have any graphics issues, manually install the Intel drivers from their site, since the Lenovo drivers are pretty bad. If it won't let you install the Intel drivers and gives an error, download the *.ZIP file from the Intel site, go to device manager > Display Adapters > Intel HD graphics > Right click > Update Driver and manually install the driver. See this image for how to do that.

Hope it helps.

Jacqui12
What's DOS?
Views: 2,653
Message 5 of 7

MattDN93 thanks for the reply. I have disabled the Realtek from startup and  RavCPL.exe and RavCPL64. I have the Lenova Yogawith an AMD processor not an Intel. So AMD will be slower than Intel.   I'll see how to goes from now on. Cheers Jacqui12

MattDN93
802.11n
Views: 2,649
Message 6 of 7

Hey Jacqui12,

My apologies I didn't read that right before, that you were running an AMD-based Yoga. Of course you can disregard the Intel driver update info then Smiley Wink

As for the Realtek driver, no problem - let us know if it worked for you Smiley Happy
Jacqui12
What's DOS?
Views: 2,526
Message 7 of 7

Update on Lenova problems. After a month or so of disabling the Related driver and updating the And drivers the pointer is working fine. So thank so much for the information on how to fix that issue. I still get a WHEA- Uncorrelated error occasionally. Also Google Chrome freezes up with about 4 tabs open so I think I'll have to switch to Firefox, a pity as I like the Google translate function.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors