Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Algul
Paper Tape
Views: 44,562
Message 1 of 26

Yoga 500 Ram Upgrade

Hello:

I have lenovo yoga 500-14IBD this pc used 4gb ram I'm upgrade 8 gb ram Is it possible?

possible stay out of warranty

sorry Im bad english

good work

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 44,338
Message 2 of 26

Re: Yoga 500 Ram Upgrade

Hi Algul,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are looking for an RAM upgrade in your Lenovo Yoga 500.

As per the specification of this model it supports upto 8GB DDR3L 1600Mhz SODIMM RAM. Please refer the manual for specification.

If the system is out of warranty please visit the nearest authorised service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.      

Best regards,                                                                                                                              

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Algul
Paper Tape
Views: 44,282
Message 3 of 26

Im update windows 10 but lenovo apps deleted.

possible download link

Thanks again.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 44,274
Message 4 of 26

Hi Algul,

As you have mentioned about the apps has been deleted, can you please specify which applications has been deleted?

If you are referring to drivers then please visit the below link.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-500-14ibd

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

kawayan
What's DOS?
Views: 42,856
Message 5 of 26

Re: Yoga 500 Ram Upgrade 141hw

Hi Guys,

How can I upgrade my Yoga 500 141HW to 8 Gig?  Is it possible to upgrade it by myself?

Thanks!

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 42,847
Message 6 of 26

Re: Yoga 500 Ram Upgrade 141hw

@kawayan wrote:

Hi Guys,

How can I upgrade my Yoga 500 141HW to 8 Gig?  Is it possible to upgrade it by myself?

Thanks!

Refer to the Hardware Maintenance Manual of the unit. It says that it can accomodate up 8 Gb memory module (single slot only). Examine the manual if you are confident enough to follow the steps on replacing the ram.

Guru
Views: 42,807
Message 7 of 26

Did you look at page 85 (or so) of the hardware manual? If I read this correctly RAM is not Customer Replecable Unit (CRU). Maybe somebody could explain what does the CRU mean exactly? Taking it literally, it sounds like the lenovo service center should replace it, but I hope someone can explain it clearly what users can or can't replace and under what conditions or impact on warantty?

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

2peteshakur
What's DOS?
Views: 40,771
Message 8 of 26

i have just upgraded my lenovo yoga 500-14IBD today with 8gb ram module - no issues, works fine, 4gb is just not enough these days! Smiley Wink

JZO
Paper Tape
Views: 39,249
Message 9 of 26

Hi,

Yes it is possible easily. Here is a very good site which describes the steps of the upgrade.

http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-lenovo-yoga-500-disassembly-internal-photos-and-upgrade-opt...

Regards,
JZO
foschi
What's DOS?
Views: 38,334
Message 10 of 26

Hi,

can i upgrade my ram module with a overclocked module? 2133MHz?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors