Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSAJones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,148
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 500 WiFi won't switch on and no keyboard

I have a 6 month old Yoga 500 and this is the second time this has happened.  The last time I was resigned to taking it back to the shop and the day I was going to do it I turned it on for one last time and it was working perfectly again!

Here are the symptoms 

Fan running at full speed

Keyboard not responding - touch screen working fine and can log in and use Windows

WiFi showing as off with Red Cross on wifi symbol.  In settings, option to turn it on is greyed out. 

Ive carried out a Windows restore to a date last week when everything was working fine

I've disabled and enabled the wifi card through device manager

I've uninstalled and reinstalled wifi card drivers

The last time it happened I also carried out a full factory restore but this didn't work.  As mentioned above, it just started working again.  So I'm not going to go through the hassle of trying that again.

Any suggestions before I take it back to the shop?

Highlighted
eddiechaffin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 500 WiFi won't switch on and no keyboard

I also have this problem, but the keyboard produces mostly the number 6 when most keys are pressed. just a few other characters are produced. I can't turn on the wifi, but it says bluetooth is working. The Ethernet port isn't working either. Fan running at high speed. event log shows a kernel power issue, occurred earlier. I have restored back 6 weeks, when the device was only 2 weeks old. No success. I need to strip personal data before a factory reset. If that doesn't work it's going back for a refund.
DSAJones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,056
Message 3 of 4

Didn't get any replies from the forum so have taken it back to PC World.  Phone call yesterday to say they had run intensive hard disk test?? with no errors and asking permission to wipe everything and do a full factory reset.  I'm hoping that they will run some more hardware tests after that as I could hae done a factory reset myself!!

kwillo
Paper Tape
Views: 717
Message 4 of 4

Hi DSAJones,

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I have a Yoga 500 which is doing the same thing.

-Keyboard not working

-No wifi

-Fan permanently on full speed

-Touch screen OK and can log into windows when using the machine as a tablet.

-Shutting down and restarting has no affect

-Battery indicator shows the says it's plugged in, but it's not.

It's done it twice now. The first time it seemed to start working properly again once the battery had run out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors