Highlighted
ddunbar
Paper Tape
Views: 612
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 500 - display driver crashes and doesnt boot properly

Hi All...

i need help..

whenever im doing anything on my laptop i will always get "your display driver has restarted due to an issue" or something to that effect... (will get the correct message when it appears).

And every other time i switch my laptop on it comes up a blank screen and i have to hard power it down to restart it again...

Its booted up mostly from cold ie not SUSPEND mode though however i have loaded back up from suspend mode and its done the same....  it thought orignally it was just when it was in suspend mode but NO.

Help please...

Thanks Derek

Yoga 500 - 15ISK

model name 80R6

NOTEBOOK YG 500-15ISK I5 8G 1TB 10H

CPU I5-6200U

Windows 10

Yoga 500 - 15ISK
model name 80R6
NOTEBOOK YG 500-15ISK I5 8G 1TB 10H
CPU I5-6200U
Windows 10
tee-age
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 - display driver crashes and doesnt boot properly

Hello there,

I have a similar Problem since the first day of using my YOGA 500.

The sreen goes suddenly blank but the HDD and fan still working. First I thought it is some kind of stand-by modus but I couldn't wake up the system by pressing power button.

Unfortunatly it is not possible to update the NVIDIA Driver via NVIDIA GeForce Experience Tool. The software says it is not possilble to connect to NVIDIA?

If nobody here can help me, I think I will give the device back to the shop.

Thank you

100rabh
What's DOS?
Views: 425
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 500 - display driver crashes and doesnt boot properly

I too have the same problem.

Since the day I got this Laptop, this problem couldn't be solved by any of the driver updates.

Sometimes the screen goes blank and there is no other option than to restart the PC by the power button.

Also almost 40-50% of times when I boot the PC, the touchscreen does not function, so I need to again restart it.

When the PC enters standby mode(when I close the screen flap or otherwise), and try to operate it again, the screen goes blank and again it needs to be restarted.

Someone told me to install the original Intel VGA drivers that are in the drivers folder. It seemed to have solved the problem, but when Windows Update updated the said driver, the issue came up again.

Is there any way to resolve this Diplay driver issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors