10-26-2017 10:29 AM
My Yoga 500 laptop's display keeps turning off erratically, even when I am just working on Word/Excel sometimes with no heavy applications running. I have to then hard press power button to shut it down and then restart again.
The fan seems to be working properly as the laptop isn't that hot. What could be the issue then? How do i resolve it?
Attached is what I saw during boot-up after restarting the laptop
12-05-2017 04:51 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Is this a recent issue?
If so, see if reverting back to the previous Windows update still produces the same effect.
Try running an LSC scan, see if this is able to find any troubles for you:
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.(Will work on Win10)
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.