Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djdavec2
What's DOS?
Views: 12,064
Message 11 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking

Exactly the same problem after just 1 day !! I am now returning the item and asking for a full refund.. I am not removing the bottom cover of a brand new unit... this should be sorted as it looks like it is a known fault.. as such Lenovo are knowingly selling a faulty product.. I work for a solicitors and will be seeking further advice

Jom1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,046
Message 12 of 54

After calling several numbers to get through to tech support - we have to send unit away for fixing! Can't get refund until they look at it either!

djdavec2
What's DOS?
Views: 12,040
Message 13 of 54

I returned mine and printed off this thread, was given immediate refund !!

hidry
What's DOS?
Views: 12,030
Message 14 of 54

Dear Yoga owners

I have a Yoga 500 that was purchased as a Christmas present for 2015. This worked fine until a series of updates was performed as it migrated from Windows 8.1 to 10 on Boxing Day. Having completed the lengthy download and installation process the laptop refused to reboot after the final stage of the Windows 10 installation, where I was left with the blinking light on the power button (after a 10 minute delay / absence away from the laptop). This fault is ALSO noticeable by its absence the solid light "on" for the battery indicator. So it appears to be a non recoverable "powder standby mode" that is being interupted by a software / upgrade issue?

I have just managed to perform the operation as described in this forum thread to "reset" the power by disconecting the battery as follows:

1. Remove the 10 silver screws from the base cover. These are all the same length and type (small cross head) so you do not need to lay these out in order of their removal..!
  2. Unclip the base cover, starting at the hingerd edge of the laptop as it faces away from you. Then work down the two sides and come towards the front edge which is facing you. As you lift up be aware of the speaker module which may stick to the lefthand side of this base cover slightly because of the dampening foam attached to it.
  3. The Li ion battery is a moulded unit contained within a plastic chassis. DO NOT proceed to unscrew this via the two black retaining screws...as their is no need. At the top edge of the battery unit (in the centre facing the hinged back end of the laptop) you will see a + and - symbol where an exposed coloured wire loom comes out and connects to the motherboard. The loom ends in a small black connector that goes into a silver socket. All you need to do is gently prize this back by approx.3-5 mm. You do not have to take this out all the way as the circuit is disconnected sufficiently enough to rest the laptop.
  4. Press the power button on as normal....
  5. Refit the base cover and screws....

So far....having allowed the laptop to go into standby mode again the problem has not repaeated itself

hdb7011
Paper Tape
Views: 12,005
Message 15 of 54

Was having the same problem and followed the above instructions - thank you!

Laptop rebooted as normal. One happy 12 year old. Have disabled "sleep" mode for the time being whilst awaiting an update from Lenovo.

cjg181
Paper Tape
Views: 11,945
Message 16 of 54

Hi Amy do you have an update on this issue please?  It seems that many more people, myself now included, are experiencing the problem.  

Your workaround is effective but do you know what is actually causing the problem and what can be done to prevent it occurring?

Regards,

Chris

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 11,660
Message 17 of 54

Any update on this problem? I have the same symptoms.

I removed the back, disconnected the battery, and it fixed the problem for a few days, but then it recurred. I am not prepared to travel with a toolkit for the occasions when it chooses not to work.

I bought this to replace a Sony Vaio which has worked without problems for many years, and am feeling pretty disappointed  that its replacement has failed after a few days.

I can return the Yoga to the supplier for a full refund, but I have invested a lot of time in installing apps, setting things the way I like them, etc, and don't want to do all that again.

BOTnakke
Paper Tape
Views: 11,651
Message 18 of 54

How do you remove the battery ?

blero
WWAN
Views: 11,598
Message 19 of 54

Hello,

Hardware Maintenance Manual - Yoga 500 series  (page 36)

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_yoga_500_hmm_201504.pdf?LinkTrack=Solr&#page...

You don't have to remove it, just disconnect it for a while.

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 11,581
Message 20 of 54

After my second instance of the 'flashing light syndrome', and the second tedious process of disconnecting the battery,  I contacted Lenovo support by email, and they emailed me back with a list of software update links. They were mainly Intel components, and a new BIOS. You will find the same software if you go to support.lenovo.com and identify your model number.  Since installing the updates I have not had a recurrence so, tentatively, I believe the problem is fixed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors