Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 4,800
Message 21 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking

After a week of extensive use, lots of charging, lots of standby, I have still seen no recurrence of the problem. So I think it is indeed fixed, and would recommend you download the updates from support.lenovo.com,

Olive_oil
Paper Tape
Views: 4,596
Message 22 of 54

Has anyone tried the solution and it's not worked? I did it all as instructed, now it's not blinking and won't switch on at all! Double checked battery was reconnected properly, actually want to cry now! Been waiting for days for a response from Lenovo. It's only 6 months old, hardly used and now I can't even view our wedding photos which have just arrived ☹️ Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Olive_oil
Paper Tape
Views: 4,592
Message 23 of 54

Tried your suggestion, hasn't worked for me, now it won't switch on at all! I'm still waiting for a response from Lenovo as my machine is only 6 months old. 

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 4,586
Message 24 of 54

Sorry to hear of your continuing problem.

By coincidence, after several months of working fine following all the software updates, my machine went into its flashing light - do nothing mode again yesterday. Once again I had to take the back off and disconnect the battery. So it is clearly not as fixed as I originally thought.

All very disappointing for a very expensive laptop.

James

Olive_oil
Paper Tape
Views: 4,564
Message 25 of 54

This is my response from Lenovo, so going to try this way now!..

Thank you for contacting Lenovo,

To discharge the static that may have built up inside your machine follow the steps below:

1. Remove battery from the Laptop using the clips on the bottom of the Laptop (If removable)
2. Plug the cable into the socket and the laptop.
3. Turn power off at the wall.
4. Hold down the power button on the front of the laptop for 1 minute
5. Replace battery. (If removable)
6. Turn wall socket back on.
7. Turn Laptop back on.

If you have any problems or need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 4,550
Message 26 of 54

Well, it worked for a day, and then flashing light syndrome is back. Out come the screwdrivers...

Not happy.

Lenovo know they have a problem with these machines. They should proactively recall them and repair.

Former Employee
Views: 4,520
Message 27 of 54

I am collecting information for the investigation into customer reports of Yoga 500 laptops failing to power on.

• Under what circumstances does the laptop fail to power on? Does it occur after having gone into sleep mode, hibernation, or fully turned off? How often does it occur during a day or week?
  • Does it occur when any peripherals are plugged in?
  • Does it occur on AC power, battery power, or both?
  • What is the P/N or product number?
  • What is the BIOS version?
  • What is the Windows 10 build number?

Thank you,

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 4,501
Message 28 of 54

Hi,

Thank you for taking an interest in this problem.

It's difficult to reply fully because I tend to have set ways of working with my laptop and only use it in certain modes. However, here goes:

1 Fails from sleep mode. Typically I use my laptop unplugged, when I have finished with it I close the lid (it is set to sleep when the lid closes), plug in the power adapter, and then charge overnight. When I open the lid in the morning expecting it to display something, the display is blank and the light in the power button is flashing.

2. No peripherals plugged in.

3. For me it only occurs after charging on a/c power, as above.

4. Product 80N6

5. BIOS Lenovo BDCN63WW 07/10/2015

6. Windows 10 Home 10.0.10586

Before I updated the BIOS and various bits of system software under your last set of instructions, the problem was occuring maybe one time in three, a couple of times a week. After the updates, the problem appeared to be solved, hence my post earlier in this thread. Since the problem suddenly reappeared a few days ago it has happened twice. I can probably work round it by setting the machine to shut down rather than sleep when I close the lid, but I haven't extensively tested that yet, and given that the problem is quite intermittent it would be difficult to know for sure.

I wonder if it is something to do with what happens when the sleeping laptop becomes fully charged, but I'm just speculating.

Hope that helps.

MBlank
Paper Tape
Views: 4,492
Message 29 of 54

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem at my brand new

Lenovo YOGA 500 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll Full HD IPS Matt) Convertible Notebook (Intel Core i5-5200U, 2,7GHz, 8GB RAM, 1000 GB HDD, Intel HD Grafik, Touchscreen, Windows 10) weiß

I will have to check for the BIOS version.

I closed the laptop so it shuts down to hibernate mode (suspend to disk) this is set up in the energy settings.

I waited until all lights are going off, so I am sure it has shut down.

Then I plugged in the power adapter to recharge over night.

In the morning the power led at the power button is blinking and I found no way to power up the computer.

The only solution was to unscrew the bottom and unplug and replug the battery.

This happend now three times within two weeks while the computer was not used very much. Always when recharging at power off stage. The battery was at about 25 to 35 % before recharging.

Ian3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,484
Message 30 of 54

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your issue.  

We tried all sorts of recommendations to fix ours.  I did not feel confident to remove all of the screws and get the battery out.  Started but it felt like I was forceing the bottom cover so I stopped.  

In the end we abandoned the laptop for around three weeks.  It completely drained the battery so we could start again by charging it and then we were able to power up without an issue.  The machine has run OK now for a few months, touch wood.

As another subscriber has said, Lenovo know they have an issue, there are many people with this issue and there should be a free repair service plus compensation for those effected.  Instead they have not even contacted me (and I assume others) despite posts such as this.  I would have returned it if I hadn't already accumulated various software, photos, files etc upon it.

I recommended Lenovo as a family computer having had them at work.  Never again.  They clearly do not care about their customers.  I assume the "cheap" or mid-range laptop is not where they see the future and therefore we are not worth supporting.

If you feel similarly add to this website and just maybe the number of comments might make Lenovo take notice - assuming they don't jjust start deleting comment! - Then you would really know their opinion of you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors