cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 3,171
Message 31 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking

Lenovo is investigating customer reports that Yoga 500-14ISK and 15ISK laptops fail to resume from sleep mode as expected, requiring the battery to be drained to 0% or reseated after removing the bottom cover.

There is an open investigation for which I’ve been asked to gather more information. Lenovo Engineering would like to find out the following:

• Under what circumstances does the laptop fail to power on?
  • Does it occur after having gone into sleep mode, hibernation, or fully turned off?
  • How often does it occur during a day or week?
  • Does it occur when any peripherals are plugged in?
  • Does it occur on AC power, battery power, or both?

Thank you,

tr0users
Paper Tape
Views: 3,091
Message 32 of 54

Hi Amy,

Thanks for looking into this. I hit the problem for the 1st time today with my daughter's Yoga 500-141SK. It happened after going into sleep mode (simply closing the lid), it was plugged into AC at the time. The only connected peripheral was a logitech wireless mouse.

I was able to work-around by disconnecting / reconnecting the battery but my daughter was without her laptop for three days because I work away during the week.

Could you please let me know when any progress is made on a fix.

Thanks,

Rob.

Olive_oil
Paper Tape
Views: 2,994
Message 33 of 54

Hi Amy,

The customer service team have all the details for my machine, it is now being sent away to be checked. Utterly disgusted considering it is a few months old and been used about 10 times. I will never recommend a Lenovo product to anyone-the problems this has caused me for work are unmeasurable and now the brand new machine is being sent to Germany and if it's damaged in transit it will be my fault! Disgusting service. 

So disappointed, back to using my ancient Samsung which still works after about 8 years, the Lenovo couldn't even work 10 times! Utter rubbish!

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 2,918
Message 34 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking - a new theory

Hi, 

Following yet another recurrence of the flashing power light problem, and another removal of the back, (which this time resulted in a broken clip on the bottom cover), I have a new conjecture:

Once I have finished using my laptop I close the lid, plug in the power, and put it down beside me on the floor, on its edge and leaning against a bookcase. Because the power plug is at one side of the laptop and the power button at the other, I have a tendency to put it down with the power button downmost. In this way, resting on a carpet or magazine, the power button might be held down all night, while it is charging. This seems to cause the problem.

The last time I had the problem I had done exactly this, rather than laying the laptop horizontal, or on its front or back edges.

Feel free to dismiss my conjecture with a counterexample!

cazofcov69
What's DOS?
Views: 2,803
Message 35 of 54

hi

i had this problem with my lenovo 500 laptop had to wait for battery to drain and recharge to power back on i think i solved problem whilst on charge i realised the power button was being held in as near a wall where it was placed so wasnt releasing and thats why im hoping was causing power button to flash and not being able to use so please check when you have it on charge

cazofcov69
What's DOS?
Views: 2,801
Message 36 of 54

hi

realised that i was having same problem as power button was being held in whilst on charge had to wait for batterry to drain and then recharge before i could use it again

tr0users
Paper Tape
Views: 2,773
Message 37 of 54

I hope this is the case because I've just had the problem on my daughter's Yoga 500 for the second time. I will warn her about the potential problem of charging whilst the power button is pressed and report back here if iit happens again.

I am hopefull this may be the problem because she charges the Yoga on a desk and it could easily be pressed against the side when charging.

tr0users
Paper Tape
Views: 2,770
Message 38 of 54

This worked for me - thanks very much Smiley Happy

liloliluk
What's DOS?
Views: 2,743
Message 39 of 54

Oh my goodness, you're a lifesaver! Just had this same problem on my year old Yoga for the first time. Have spent 3 days waiting for the battery to go flat but the power button just kept flashing at me and nothing would work. These instructions are excellent and helped me so much. The only thing I did slightly differently was to unclip from the unhinged side first because that seemed easier.

Just to add to the posts about the laptop being left with the power button pressed in, mine wasn't left like that, I always leave it with the rear vents facing upwards and the power button is then at the side, so as far as I'm aware the power button was NOT pressed the whole time.

One weird thing I noticed was that when I finally managed to turn it on, the clock was 2 days slow, and I had to turn the automatic time and date update off and on again 3 or 4 times until it showed the correct time.

I don't plan to leave it in sleep mode again so hopefullly won't have this problem again....

Welshmark
What's DOS?
Views: 2,666
Message 40 of 54

So, having already returned one of these laptops the replacement is going back this evening with the same problem. This time I will be getting my money back and I'll buy something that works. I can't chance this happening again. The suggestion that we should take the back off is outrageous. Taking the back off every few days is soon going to ruin the device. Lenovo should have fixed this by now, this laptop is clearly not fit for purpose. I am disgusted with Lenovo, never again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors