Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 3,707
Message 41 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking

Welshmark,

I completely agree that this is unacceptable, and I would have returned mine had I not spent some time setting it up the way I wanted it. 

As it happens mine has worked perfectly since I made sure I don't rest it on its power button while charging. This is so easy to do when the power plug sticks out of the other end. Even so, resting on the power button should not cause a problem and this in itself is a fault that needs to be rectified. Most laptops I suppose have the power button in the same area as the keyboard, so they can't be held down when the screen is shut.

I think Lenovo's (lack of) response to this problem on a premium laptop has been very disappointing and I too would hesitate to buy another.

Apeiron21000
What's DOS?
Views: 3,393
Message 42 of 54

How did you resolve the problem? 

Jiskra
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,359
Message 43 of 54

My problem with my Yoga Ideapad laptop 15ISK with not turning on is SOLVED. Thank you. My laptop had 60% of battery, running on Lenovo battery settings with laptop plugged in all the time as I never use it running only on battery so it's always plugged in and the battery won't get worn out that quickly. I had shut it down in this state (probably it was the fast shutdown as I switched this on in Windows settings), unplugged the AC adapter from the laptop and it was left like that for 4 and half days, then I plugged it in, pressed power on and nothing. Just the round small white battery light was on with long interval flashing, they call it slow flashing in the manual. So keeping the power button pressed  for no matter how many seconds or a minute didn't help as I read on many posts. So I followed this procedure posted already here: I removed the cover, unplugged the battery wires on the motherboard, removed CR2032 battery too, left it like that for about 5 minutes, then I plugged the AC adapter in, turned the electricity socket off, pressed and holded the power button for one minute (in one of the posts here it said so to get the static out) then connected battery back to motherboard, put CR2032 back, put the cover back and the laptop turned on after I pressed power button, the white battery light was on and also white light on power button came up and I noticed that the electricity socket was still turned off while the Windows log on screen was already on (as I forgot to turn the socket bak on), so I turned the wall socket on, it started charging, and I logged in. I combined two tricks posted here as I didn't want to do almost same procedure twice, so I don't know which is the one that fixed the issue. And I will allow sleep mode back on in Windows settings as I read here and somewhere else this might be causing the problem if it happens again. Removing the cover and disconnecting the battery from the motherboard are both easy, especially the cover, as someone mentioned already it's propably the easiest laptop cover to remove, after removing screws I used old credit card to gently unclip the cover from the bottom.

Welshmark
What's DOS?
Views: 3,346
Message 44 of 54

You shouldn't have to take a new laptop apart. I took mine back twice. Then gave up on the third occasion and changed it for a HP.

accvio
Paper Tape
Views: 3,327
Message 45 of 54

I feel your pain, Welshmark. But as it happens I have spent many hours trying to fix a problem (excessive disk thrashing) with my son's premium HP laptop.

For what it's worth, my Yoga has been working perfectly since I started making sure I don't rest it on the power button while charging.

Down_South
What's DOS?
Views: 3,166
Message 46 of 54

Could you include the Yoga 500-14ACL in this? Yep, the AMD version has the same problem.

Bought 2, had to return 1 since battery removal etc did not fix the not turning on problem.

The "fixed" 1 now goes to sleep and won't wake battery or AC if neverakesit to hibernation. No peripherals.

Happens constantly even with uTorrent trying to keep the laptop on with it's 'Prevent standby if active torrents' setting. Turns off anyway. Same problem on my Yoga 2 Tablet 10.1"

This is a long standing Lenovo problem. It's been around for years.

Power control does not work correctly on Lenovo mobile devices.

I was given all my Lenovo products as thank yous for fixing computer problems.

I would never buy one with what I know, but at least Lenovo is finally addressing the problem.

System is set to Display off 2/5 min, HD & Sleep 5/15 including Hybrid, then Hibernate 30/60 min.

Using the Novo hole (Le is missing¿) near the power button brings up BIOS, etc.

Chose the first option "Normal startup" or something like that and Windows starts and loads.

At least I have a workaround.  Just need to carrry a toothpick with me at all times.

Lord this keyoard sucks.

ADITYARANJANSHA
What's DOS?
Views: 2,786
Message 47 of 54

My lenovo yoga 500 is not switching on.

It's power is continuously blinking .

HJac
Paper Tape
Views: 2,730
Message 48 of 54

Re: Yoga 500 power button blinking - a new theory

Hi 

Do you remember roughly how long it took for the battery to drain.. and how many % i had? I've been waiting 2,5 days for it to drain...

HJac
Paper Tape
Views: 2,730
Message 49 of 54

Does this not void the warranty? 

Ravipoduval
What's DOS?
Views: 2,114
Message 50 of 54

I have this same problem. I have already removed battery for 3 days, remived andvri inserted the ram, changed the bios battery.  Pressing the start battery only lights up the keyboard for a second and then goes off. 

When I connect the power chord, the keyboard and power button keeps flashing for ever!!!

pls help. I am desperate!!!😞☹️😔😣

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors