Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigt454
Paper Tape
Views: 3,167
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 500 wifi problem

Hi,

I bought a Yoga 500 approx 9 months ago. After two months the wifi suddenly ceased working completely - I received the error message "Not connected - no connections available". I tried basic troubleshooting, but in the end I was forced to leave it in for service. 

I got it back after a few weeks, and it has subsequently worked fine - until 2 weeks ago, when I received the same error message. I am not able to connect to the internet through wifi at all, and  have tried basic troubleshooting.

Anyone expereinced this problem? I hate to leave it again for service...

Thanks for any help.

Br

Trond

Guru
Views: 3,140
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 500 wifi problem

Have you tried installing this? http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-500-14acl/downloads/D...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

johnferrier
Punch Card
Views: 3,108
Message 3 of 10

You can try to download and install the latest driver from Intel's website. The one on Lenovo's support website are out-dated and buggy.

Guru
Views: 3,104
Message 4 of 10

The ones on Intel site can sometimes result in 'please check your manufacturer' warnings. Which is why I always link to the Lenovo support drivers, they are tested for the specific machine.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

johnferrier
Punch Card
Views: 3,077
Message 5 of 10

Most of derivers for Lenovo notebook are generic versions provided by the hardware manufacturers such as Intel. If your wifi card was made by Intel then you may use Intel® Driver Update Utility to detect and install the drivers. It will find out if you are  using a generic version of drivers or not.

There are plenty of reasons not to trust Lenovo does any useful tests for the drivers ...

MW2016
What's DOS?
Views: 3,077
Message 6 of 10

Hi, 

few days ago my wi fi stoped working , I tried to update the dirvers as per Lenovo service recomendation but it worked for a second and then disappeared again , I use win10  , I would be grateful for any recomendation on that .

Regards,

Marcelo 

Mod edit:  Post merged in.

Guru
Views: 3,053
Message 7 of 10

Uninstall the old one, then reinstall it. Make sure you're installing and not 'repairing'

Regards,
Eric Xu

fcdub
What's DOS?
Views: 3,006
Message 8 of 10

are you using a sky sr102 hub by any chance? im only having this issue when i connect to this router??????
jojohngoddard
Paper Tape
Views: 2,898
Message 9 of 10

Hi EricX, I have this problem with a new Yoga 500, what did you mean by 'uninstall the old one, then reinstall it'? Are you talking about drivers or the OS? Thanks

Guru
Views: 2,890
Message 10 of 10

The driver. But if that doesn't work, try to restore Windows to a previous state

Regards,
Eric Xu

Top Kudoed Authors